PDA

View Full Version : You just can't make people be nice

Alibeebu
September 1st, 2010, 05:51 AM
Just a minor vent.

I try and strive and hope to be a friendly fellow cookier. And I hope and strive and try to find other friendly fellow cookiers. And just about every cookier I've met (especially here on our lovely forum) are SUPER PEOPLE! And I have made new friends!

That being said, I guess it just dissapoints me when you run into the occasional cookier who's work you compliment trying to be genuinely nice....and they're just rude in return. Like deleting your well meant compliments, or just being downright ugly. (I am not referring to our wonderful forum of course)

I know there is nothing that can be done in those cases except to accept that you can't make people be nice. And just shake your head, and hope that one day they will turn over a friendlier leaf.

Still irritating tho. :errf:

Ok I'm done. Just had to get it out.

Sarah
September 1st, 2010, 09:08 AM
Wow - I hear ya! Seems like life is like that sometimes...I run into this kind of thing at work periodically and it's a real downer. Hooray for venting! Thank God for this forum and all the nice folks on here :)

LornaDoone
September 1st, 2010, 11:31 PM
I have come to realize that there is at least 1 rude person no matter what you do or where you go. Where I work, there is at least 1 idiot in every department. There is no escaping them. I just pray that I have raised my 2 children to be better than that.

Ladee_bugg
September 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
I am sorry you had this experience Alison....not very nice at all. I firmly believe what you do or how you act will come back to haunt you some day.
Huggs.

tdodd00
September 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM
Yep, I hear ya! Thankfully I have never encountered anyone even remotely like that here. Everyone is always so helpful and willing to "share" their ideas! Sorry you had to have such a rotten experience!

Crafty Ann
September 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
It's sad that people have to be like that. I've experience those type of situations a lot. I usually conclude people being rude that way is because they don't feel good about themselves or it's something going on in their lives that they can't control and they have to take it out on somebody. Sometimes they aren't aware of it. I'm actually writing a book about how people should treat people in love and consideration. Hopefully it will change some people out look or make them aware that they need to be nicer. But you are a sweet person and those who appreciate that is blessed to be in your presence. Be encouraged.

DippinPops
September 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
I don't know why anyone would want to act that way to anyone, especially to someone so nice : ). Like I tell my kids, just try to move on - and like Crafty Ann said, they probably don't realize what they are doing because something in their own life is going so wrong they are oblivious. We <3 you!

Alibeebu
September 2nd, 2010, 07:42 PM
Awe thanks guys! :hug:

I haven't had a bad experience on this forum. Like y'all said, everyone here is so nice and willing to share and help.

Thyjuan
September 3rd, 2010, 12:12 AM
Well, if it helps, Alison, whenever I tell people how nice everyone is on this forum and how we all help one another and share with one another and that there is no sense of competition here people nearly fall off thier chairs in disbelief. This forum, I feel, is a very unique place of amazing people who become good if not great friends. It's like Sex and the City, Girlfriends, and The Golden Girls but much better because we are constantly surrounded by yummy goodies!!!!

PaintedCookie
September 3rd, 2010, 01:29 AM
I second what Thyjuan said!!! I love being able to share and ask questions here, the forum for me has been a blessing♥