PDA

View Full Version : Strips/Dowels or Rings?

Baker Mom
October 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I'm just wondering what people prefer when trying to get their dough a uniform thickness...the perfection strips or the rings on the rolling pin? And if you prefer the rings, did you buy a pin that had rings that came with it or did you just get rings to put on a pin you already had? Thanks!

yumyumcooky1
October 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Sarah--I use rings on my old rolling pin--the one I've had since I got married way back in 1963!! The rings came in a set of 3 different sizes--I love mine.

focadima
October 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I need to do something--I tried dowels and hated it--I use a mable rolling pin that I got waaay back when I got married in 1989 ..LOL I love it--but I want to get a silicon one with rings..

PaintedCookie
October 14th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Sarah I use rings too on a rolling pin that I got at my wedding shower in 1992. Must be a popular shower gift! LOL

cookiejunkie
October 15th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I actually use a do board. I absolutely love it. It's probably my best cookie investment so far!

barbieitch
October 15th, 2010, 04:09 AM
I use the rings that I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I tried the dowels but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Rings are sooo much easier for me.

CookieD-oh
October 15th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I use a Dobord, too. It's the best for those of us who are rolling challenged.

http://www.armchairworld.com/store/gourmet/baking/doughboard1.html

Baker Mom
October 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I need to do something--I tried dowels and hated it--I use a mable rolling pin that I got waaay back when I got married in 1989 ..LOL I love it--but I want to get a silicon one with rings..

I have a marble pin I got when I got married, too! LOL I think I want to switch to a wooden one though because the marble is just so heavy. I feel like it makes it harder to get an even thickness.

DippinPops
October 15th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I just use the rings - they are inexpensive and I can change the sizes if needed; also since they are removable they can be used on other rolling pins as well.

The Cookie Lady
October 16th, 2010, 01:12 AM
I also use rings on rollng pin.

Mellie
October 16th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I went in the section of Michaels where they have pieces of wood for building dollhouse furniture and there beside the round dowels that have 1 inch wide strips that were 1/4 inch thick. I use those. They were cheap and lay flat and they are wide enough to be very easy to roll my rolling pin over. They also have square dowels and I have those as well. Cheap Cheap Cheap

Christy H.
October 16th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I use the adjustable rolling pin from Karen's Cookies - http://www.karenscookies.net/Adjustable-Rolling-Pin_p_693.html It works great as I roll my dough in between sheets of parchment.