PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone getting the jars to put Minis in?

PaintedCookie
November 3rd, 2010, 03:21 AM
I am thinking about diving in and doing some minis. I saw this picture on FB and they are from Canada and selling 3 of these for $50. Any thoughts? And I don't have a micheal's close by so if anyone orders online would love a site! TFL!

barbieitch
November 3rd, 2010, 03:44 AM
I founds some at a place called "The Container Store". It's online. The jars like the ones in your picture are call Hermetic Storage Jars. They have all kinds of different types of jars. Also a place called believe it or not, The Jar Store. Hope this helps.

PaintedCookie
November 3rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
thank you Chris!

Natalie
November 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi Susan, I found some at Walmart, in the kitchen wares section. I don't have a close Micheals or Hobby Lobby either. Paid $4 to $5 for half quart sizes.

PaintedCookie
November 3rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hi Susan, I found some at Walmart, in the kitchen wares section. I don't have a close Micheals or Hobby Lobby either. Paid $4 to $5 for half quart sizes.
Thanks Natalie! I will check out our Walmart.

tdodd00
November 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Susan...are you near and IKEA, they have some cool jars that come in different sizes and they are very reasonable in price. You can see what they look like in this picture of my craftroom. I have ribbon in the large and misc. in the small ones above my sewing machine.

PaintedCookie
November 3rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks Terri! We have one about 45 minutes away. Love your sewing room, so organized!

focadima
November 3rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
I was going to say Ikea as well

i saw some 2 packs at walmart hmmm or target--with red or green lids for $5
obviously for the holidays--I think walmart sells small jars with silver lids down the container aisle

DippinPops
November 3rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
I saw some plastic Christmas ones at Dollar Tree, so they are a buck : ). I was going to use them for teacher gifts.

However, I didn't see any multi-pack platters or lids - hopefully they will have them soon!

tdodd00
November 3rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Susan - I just remembered I saw some at Hobby Lobby yesterday, 50% off too. Are you near one of those?

PaintedCookie
November 3rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
No Hobby Lobbies, I will check walmart and the online container store. It is a shame we have lost our craft stores in my area. : (

kimsmom76
November 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
I couldn't find the jars you have posted in time so I used these that I bought at the dollar store. I didn't like the white screw on lids so I covered them up with fabric circles.
Wish I could find the clamp lid jars for a dollar!

focadima
November 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
I LIKE your fabric circles

Krafty0664
November 3rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
I saw some nice small containers in The Christmas Tree Shop if anyone has one near them.

PaintedCookie
November 4th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I couldn't find the jars you have posted in time so I used these that I bought at the dollar store. I didn't like the white screw on lids so I covered them up with fabric circles.
Wish I could find the clamp lid jars for a dollar!

hey Susan! This looks great! Love the spiders on top! We don't have a Dollar store close, but I found them on line, just bought some plastic trays to use for a holiday fair. Don't know how they do it for a dollar each?

kimsmom76
November 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Thank you, I'm trying to do better with my photography. Also thanks Susan for the online info about the dollar tree I just browsed through some of their Christmas items, and also wonder how they can do it for a dollar.

Liat
November 4th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Susan,
Yesterday I went to "Cost plus World Market" near my house and I saw these jars. It was $12 for 12 jars.... good deal I think.

focadima
November 4th, 2010, 08:52 PM
susan--i use the dollar tree 14 inch plastic trays for my cookie platters-