PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with dumb question

cookies n more
November 11th, 2010, 12:36 AM
If i want to stiffen up my BC, I know I'm suppossed to add more powdered sugar. My "dumb" :o question is; do I have to beat it again with mixer, or do I just stir it in?????

Vicky

PaintedCookie
November 11th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Not a dumb question Vicky! : ) I only do RI, but I hand mix in the powder sugar to stiffen it up my icing.

cookies n more
November 11th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Thnx Susan! Let me take this time to tell you that Ur work is great!

PaintedCookie
November 11th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Thanks Vicky! You will get there too. I have been at this for about 8 years now and I am still learning with each order.

cookies n more
November 11th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Wow!!! I've baked and decorated cookies all of 3 (yes, only 3) times. But in my defense, as soon as I decided to really get into it, (I made and froze alot of different kinds dough to try), my oven stopped working. So until my husband fixes it, I'll just look and read about u guys.

tdodd00
November 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hi Vicky - I use buttercream icing exclusively. So, I assume you mean that you have a batch of icing and it is no longer in the mixer but you feel that it needs to be a bit thicker, is that correct? If it was a small amount, I would just add a little powdered sugar (I usually use a little strainer to prevent "lumps") and stir it. If it is a larger amount, I would probably use a mixer. HTH!

Alibeebu
November 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I dunno. Every time I thicken up buttercream for cakes I beat it like Michael Jackson...just beaaat it beeaatt it!! ..... But you know...that's cakes not cookies...

cookies n more
November 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
LOL! thnx u guys!

tdodd00
November 13th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I beat it like Michael Jackson...just beaaat it beeaatt it!!

Now that made me lol....and now I have that song stuck in my head!