PDA

View Full Version : Used Vietnamese Cinnamon in the "Cinnamon Spice" Cookie recipe

Sugar Tapestry
November 14th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I just tried Karen's recipe for the "Cinnamon Spice" cookies and they were absolutely delicious! I made it exactly the way the recipe is, but I used vietnamese cinnamon. The label actually reads "Saigon" cinnamon. I read that vietnamese cinnamon is a sweeter cinnamon. I think it is one of the best cookies I've ever tasted, and I love the "No Fail Sugar Cookie". The "Cinnamon Spice' are right up there IMHO. They didn't spread at all. A lovely fall cookie recipe!

cookiemookie
November 15th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I love that cinnamon! Was it Penzeys?

sandy28
November 15th, 2010, 01:16 PM
where did you get that cinnamon from?

DnaBoo
November 15th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I bought some vietnamese cinnamon from Arthur Flour and LOVE it! I made my mom a cinnamom pound cake for her birthday and it was out of this world good! I'll have to find that recipe and give it a try...sounds good. :)

MarlaQuack
November 15th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Penzey's is amazing.

tdodd00
November 15th, 2010, 02:15 PM
So I am curious, is this recipe kind of like a snickerdoodle or a gingerbread cookie....obviously I have not seen the recipe yet.

Sugar Tapestry
November 19th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Sorry so late in responding. I have so many turkey cookie orders, I am going bonkers! The vietnamese cinnamon I used actually said "Ground Saigon Cinnamon" on the label. The brand is "Spice Islands" that I purchased at my local grocer (Publix for anyone who shops at that market). It also says "100% organic". I'm not a swearing woman, but I swear it made quite a difference in taste. I took a big turkey platter into work, and those turkeys disappeared within minutes and everyone raved over them. That's why I got so many orders.

The "Cinnamon Spice" cookie recipe is really neither like snickerdoodle or gingerbread. Snickerdoodle is more like a cinnamon flavored sugar cookie. Gingerbread is more "cakey" and light. This cookie is crisper, but chewy at the same time. It's closer in flavor to a gingersnap, only more mild in flavor and softer. I just asked my husband how he would describe it and he says it's in between snickerdoodle and gingerbread. It's a lovely cookie. A must try!

focadima
November 19th, 2010, 03:29 PM
ok, please help I cant find teh recipe..where is it?

Cookie Lady
November 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
I would also love that recipe. Thanks

Cait
November 21st, 2010, 06:59 PM
http://www.karenscookies.net/Cookie-Decorating-Recipes_ep_68-1.html#recipe06

Sugar Tapestry
December 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Anybody try this lovely cookie recipe??? What's your opinion about using it in place of gingerbread for making gingerbread cookies, men, houses, etc.... Just wondering what your thoughts are???