PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Laurie aka Whimsy Cookie Co.

whimsycookie
May 1st, 2010, 03:00 AM
Hi fellow cookiers!! I have been making cookies as far back as I can remember, but really became serious at the end of '06. I am a Dallas TX girl living in the Memphis TN area with my hubby of 11 years and my two boys Tanner 7 and Tyler 4. I am so excited to be here and to learn from all you very talented ladies. Thank you Karen and Mike for getting this forum up and running! I am looking forward to making new cookie friends!!

Laurie Suriff
Whimsy Cookie Co.

www.whimsycookieco.blogspot.com (http://www.whimsycookieco.blogspot.com)

Brenda
May 1st, 2010, 04:14 AM
Welcome Laurie! We're so happy to have you here!!! (On a side note, I LOVE Tennessee! We're hoping to move there in a few years!)

Sarah
May 1st, 2010, 06:09 AM
Hey Laurie!

I have been lurking on your website for months! You make such amazing cookies and I'm even more amazed at how fast you produce them. AND you have two kiddos to boot! I'm soooo glad you're here.

I would love to hear some tips on how you make your cookies so quickly, especially with kids and hubby around. Would you also mind sharing if you make profit by selling your cookies or if it just supports your habit? :)

I'm really interested in this aspect because I have people requesting that I sell cookies to them. It's sort of a dilemma because I'm very slow at producing the cookies, so I'm not sure if "profit" is something I can even strive for or if it would just be a way to support my hobby. I'm a busy Mom/Wife and work PT as a nurse, so my time is very precious to me. (I would've posted the above questions in another area, but I'd really love to hear specifically from YOU.)

Wow, didn't mean to go on so long, but I'm truly so excited that you're going to contribute to this forum. You're definitely one of my top "Cookie Artist Idols"!

GeminiRJ
May 1st, 2010, 06:16 AM
Laurie, took a peak at your website and was immediately sucked in by the gorgeous cookies! I'll have to check back after some much-needed sleep. (My first thought was that the graphic of the woman holding the plate of cookies would make a fabulous cookie!)

focadima
May 1st, 2010, 06:16 AM
another stalker here--LOL
if it wasnt for you Pam, and Bridget I would be soo bored at work--LOL

Bea
May 1st, 2010, 06:27 AM
Welcome, Laurie! I love your blog, and your COOKIES are inspiring :)

vtay
May 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM
You have been on my "favorites bar" for a long time......love looking and lurking!

Do you use Royal or Glaze icing? If so, do you have a recipe or tips to share?

Also, what cookie recipe do you use?

Sugarbabee7
May 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
hi laurie i love your blog and i always go there to see what is new..you have also inspired me and givven me so much ideas. Like your monkey cookies i tried it out bc my daughter loves bobby jack and her is a pic of the monkey.383

PaintedCookie
May 1st, 2010, 11:17 PM
Hello my cookie friend! :dance:

cookiecrazie
May 2nd, 2010, 04:00 AM
Awww.....it's so nice to have you here, Laurie. We are going to have such fun in cookie land together. :)

Welcome!