PDA

View Full Version : Candy Clay and Marzipan

Anita1956
January 17th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Somehow I've managed to accumulate bags of chocolate chips (white and semi-sweet), several tubes of marzipan and...well...an obscene amount of candy melts during this past baking season. So... Questions for the pros....

1. If using candy candy in place of fondant to cover the top of a cookie, will it completely dry so detailing with corny syrup glaze will adhere and the cookies will be able to be stacked? (no plans to use it to make flowers or any dimensional additions)

2. A couple months ago I made iced cookies for a baby shower, between the cookie and the royal icing I laid down a super thin layer of marzipan and had no issues working with it and it made for a great flavor. My question is this...the cookies were eaten the day after I made them and were still fairly fragile. I'm wondering if the marzipan under a corn syrup glaze would do anything to prevent a complete drying of the cookie surface as long as it was given enough time to dry.

3. And last (for now) does marshmallow fondant dry completely as well? Again, I've used it and loved it but the cookies were eaten before I had the chance to see how the surface would fare after a couple days.

I'm hoping to use some of these added elements for my Valentines cookies so would really appreciate any insights or advice.

As a side note, I LOVE this forum!!!

Thanks,
Anita

barbieitch
January 17th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Hi Anita, I can answer question 1. I've used candy clay and glaze on a lot of cookies and have never had a problem with either the decorating or the stacking. I recently make monkey faces and all the brown was chocolate clay and the rest of the details were in glaze. I don't eat my own cookies but everyone said they were really good. I hope someone else can help with the rest of your questions.