PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought cutters from Sugarcraft?

Tickled Pink CB
January 27th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I stumbled across their website the other day and noticed how cheap their cutters are! They are half or more the price of other places. Is there something wrong with them? LOL.

Has anyone bought cutters from them before?

THANKS!!

Anita1956
January 27th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Lindsey, as you probably noticed they carry a real mix of cutters from various sources there. I ordered about a dozen or more cutters from them in one order some time ago and remember being happy with some and disappointed with others in terms of quality and durability. Nothing says "Warning! Warning!" more to me than needing to reshape a cutter just after unwrapping it.

Tickled Pink CB
January 27th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Lindsey, as you probably noticed they carry a real mix of cutters from various sources there. I ordered about a dozen or more cutters from them in one order some time ago and remember being happy with some and disappointed with others in terms of quality and durability. Nothing says "Warning! Warning!" more to me than needing to reshape a cutter just after unwrapping it.

So you would or wouldn't reccomend buying from them?

Anita1956
January 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I probably won't buy from them again or if I do just steer clear of cutters that in the design look like they could be flimsy. But then as a general policy I have GOT to stop visiting cookie cutter sites since I shouldn't be buying anymore but when I see them, I gotta have them :). Not like anyone else here has that problem.

Tickled Pink CB
January 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Ok, thanks for the advice.

The cutters I am looking at are ones I have had my eye on at other sites that cost twice or more as Sugar Craft. They should be the same quality.

How are they able to sell them for so cheap? Some are priced at $.59!! At other sites the same cutter could be $1.50 or higher.

tdodd00
January 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I wasn't sure so I had to look at their site to see if they looked familiar. I don't think I have, but I will say that a lot of their cutters look exactly like ones that I have ordered from other sites...my guess is that they have multiple suppliers and some may be better that others. I guess I am just not that fussy because while I don't want to have to reshape a cutter, I am not too concerned about their sturdiness. They don't come much "cheaper" than the ones at Hobby Lobby, yet I still buy them if they have one I like. Not sure this helped you, just my opinion on the matter :lol:

juliessweets
January 28th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I have read ALOT of negative feedback online about them from cake forums that I frequent, mainly the complaints were slow or no shipping, and very rude or no customer service...hth

tdodd00
January 28th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I have read ALOT of negative feedback online about them from cake forums that I frequent, mainly the complaints were slow or no shipping, and very rude or no customer service...hth

Now this would make me stay away!

cindy58
January 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I actually stopped at their store one time a 2-3 years ago when we were out on a road trip. Of course I came away with a good sized bag!

I haven't ordered from them by mail. Once when I was shopping around for the old HRM red plastic cutters, I found them, and they had many cutters in stock. But the shipping at that time seemed way too high.

Then I found this place: http://www.cookiecutters.com/Sets.html
where you can buy nearly all of the red plastic cutters that were made, brand new, for reasonable prices. Very exciting for a cookie cutter nut like me.

Anita1956
January 28th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Oh my gosh Cindy, those red cutters are such a flash to my childhood! I have a vintage bunny and Porky Pig in the red cutters but had no idea there was a place that still carried them or that they were even still being made. What a great link...thank you!