View Full Version : How to make your own cutters from hardware store "ingredients"

January 28th, 2011, 06:13 AM
A lot of people have been asking me about making my own cutters, so I did a picture tutorial about it on my blog.

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN COOKIE CUTTERS (http://lilaloa.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-do-imake-my-own-cookie-cutters.html)

I hope this helps clear up some confusion, since I'm not very good at explaining the process with just words.

January 28th, 2011, 06:38 AM
The best tutorial about cookie cutters.....

January 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM
A great tutorial...I loved browsing your blog! Beautiful work!

January 28th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for posting! Looking forward to reading your other posts too.

January 28th, 2011, 04:40 PM
LilaLoa, the tutorial is wonderful! I haven't seen this topic covered anywhere else that was so detailed and interesting to follow. And that you shape your own cutters......color me impressed and in awe!

January 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
thank you thank you

I sort-of have tried this--BUT I bought CHEAP--Xlarge cutters from hobby lobby --and tried to reshape--I think I will *gasp* snip the cutter open--straighten out the cutter and start from there --maybe it will work for me being an open strip rather then a closed shape

January 29th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Thank you everyone! If you have any questions...please feel free to ask.

Focadima-- I have a few of those re-shaped cutters as well! I think the hardest part about those is that you have to use exactly as much metal as the original cutter. I used to re-shape and re-shape trying to get all the right proportions. And then my cutters looked like they had been through battle before they ever cut a cookie. BUT...they still worked!

January 29th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Fantastic tutorial - best I've seen and can't wait to get started! Thank you, thank you , thank you

Tickled Pink CB
February 1st, 2011, 05:54 PM
FANTASTIC!! I can't wait to try this! Thank you!

May 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
No doubt its one of the best tutorial.

November 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM
woow..this is awesome..love this forum!!