PDA

View Full Version : How to make your own cutters from hardware store "ingredients"

LilaLoa
January 28th, 2011, 05:13 AM
A lot of people have been asking me about making my own cutters, so I did a picture tutorial about it on my blog.

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN COOKIE CUTTERS (http://lilaloa.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-do-imake-my-own-cookie-cutters.html)

I hope this helps clear up some confusion, since I'm not very good at explaining the process with just words.

Liat
January 28th, 2011, 05:38 AM
The best tutorial about cookie cutters.....

tdodd00
January 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
A great tutorial...I loved browsing your blog! Beautiful work!

cindy58
January 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for posting! Looking forward to reading your other posts too.

Anita1956
January 28th, 2011, 03:40 PM
LilaLoa, the tutorial is wonderful! I haven't seen this topic covered anywhere else that was so detailed and interesting to follow. And that you shape your own cutters......color me impressed and in awe!

focadima
January 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
thank you thank you

I sort-of have tried this--BUT I bought CHEAP--Xlarge cutters from hobby lobby --and tried to reshape--I think I will *gasp* snip the cutter open--straighten out the cutter and start from there --maybe it will work for me being an open strip rather then a closed shape

LilaLoa
January 28th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Thank you everyone! If you have any questions...please feel free to ask.

Focadima-- I have a few of those re-shaped cutters as well! I think the hardest part about those is that you have to use exactly as much metal as the original cutter. I used to re-shape and re-shape trying to get all the right proportions. And then my cutters looked like they had been through battle before they ever cut a cookie. BUT...they still worked!

SugarMonkey
January 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Fantastic tutorial - best I've seen and can't wait to get started! Thank you, thank you , thank you

Tickled Pink CB
February 1st, 2011, 04:54 PM
FANTASTIC!! I can't wait to try this! Thank you!

sfhdweb
May 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
No doubt its one of the best tutorial.

jennyfur1980
November 18th, 2012, 04:45 PM
woow..this is awesome..love this forum!!