PDA

View Full Version : What is your "go to" size bag for packing individual cookies?

tdodd00
May 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
I currently have some 4 x 6 that I purchased at Michaels. They're good for an average size cookie, but I think I would like something a little bigger so that when I tie a bow, there is a little more on the ends, kwim? I am thinking of doing a "bulk buy" and I was just wondering what size you use most often.

vtay
May 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
I just bought the 4 x 9 at michaels yesterday. I had purchased the 4 x 9 at Walmart the day before, but they were very thick and didn't tie very well with a satin ribbon.

I, too looked at Nashville wraps, but could not find the "perfect size".

PaintedCookie
May 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
I am thinking of doing a "bulk buy" and I was just wondering what size you use most often.

I get a variety of widths (3, 3.5, 3.75 4, &5) from Nashville wraps. If I think the bag is too long and doesn't look right, I trim off a couple of inches with a scrapbooking paper cutter. I like at least 3 inches above the bow on mine.

tdodd00
May 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
I just bought the 4 x 9 at michaels yesterday..

I think these are the ones that are pleated, right? I have some of those but don't care for the pleated look when I tie it up. I just checked the prices at Uline.com and think they are pretty reasonable. You also have to purchase 1000 bags :eek:, which would take me forever to use. I was thinking if there was any interest we could do a "share"...if anyone is interested let me know.

So Cute Cookies
August 10th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I get my cello bags from Saket.com You don't have to have a large minimum order and they are local here in Southern California. Good service and fast shipping... I think their prices are very good and you don't have to buy 1000. I buy a few sizes depending on how big the gift, cookie or treat I am packaging.