PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Cookies

Teresa
February 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
I have a possible order for 100 cookies to ship. I need to give my customer an estimate for the shipping, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how big of box I'll need to use. I picked up the usps priority boxes that are 12x12x8 and the flat rate boxes that are 12x12x5.5 and I don't know if they're big enough. Maybe I'll need 2? Anyone else have large orders you've shipped and can tell me what you did? Thanks!

CookiesbyDanielle
February 23rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
You may need 2 or 3... Make sure you factor in the bubble wrap or whatever you use to pack it safely. I've never sent that much but my best guess would be 2 at least. Good luck!!!

Nanny's Sugar Cookies
February 24th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Please let us know how you shipped the cookies. I am so paranoid, I double box my cookies with the priority mail 12x12x8 box as the outer box. I end up only being able to fit around 20 cookies per box, with that being said I only ship orders of 20 cookies or less. I just turned down an order for 80 to be shipped to Cali. The shipping would be far too expensive, I live in Virginia. Hopefully I will be confident and knowledgeable to ship bigger orders. Painted cookie always has good advice on shipping. Good luck!