PDA

View Full Version : Dough Press / Roller

alyson_a
April 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Does anyone use a commercial dough press or roller for rolling out cookie dough?

I currently roll by hand using the roller with the sizers on the end. I am thinking if things grow, that a dough press of some sort might really save time.

I tried to find some online - found some commercial rollers (where you put the dough in, and it flattens and slides through) - they say they're good for pie crust, pizza crust, etc., but does anyone know if it would work for cookie dough?

They are expensive so just thinking more for down the line possibilities.....

thecookiegirl
April 11th, 2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.b2b-bakery-equipment.com/dough-sheeter-moulder/02.htm
This one is at the bakery I work at and we use it for all kinds of dough including cookie dough and fondant :). If I ever open my own bakery i am getting one of these. They are wonderful but they are really pricey.

alyson_a
April 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Very cool - thanks Tanisha. I did see some tabletop rollers, which were smaller than this, for about $1500.

Do you roll the dough through when it is soft, then chill it before cutting out shapes?

thecookiegirl
April 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
i think they roll it out when it already is cold, then cut shapes and put them on parchment lined baking sheets and bake them.