PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Cutters Outside the Box

lisa k
April 15th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Callye from Sweet Sugarbelle has inspired me, and I'm sure many in this forum, to "think outside the box" when it comes to anything dealing with this crazy obsession with cookie decorating. So I wanted to share some of my "outside the box" ideas when it comes to finding things to use as cookie cutters. I found some candles at the Dollar Tree today that came in tins shaped like dresses, a hat & a shoe, brought them home, disposed of the candle,washed the containers with warm soapy water, and hopefully as you can see by the picture, epoxied a wooden spool to use as a handle. Tah-dah - cookie cutters. Also, found a Picnic Bucket, Play-Doh set at my local Target that had some cute food cutters. Just wanted to share. Thanks for looking.

focadima
April 15th, 2011, 09:41 PM
oooh I want a pretzel cutter--I am going to have to go look!--thanks for the inspiration :)

cindy58
April 16th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Some play doh cutters are very cool! There is a brand of them sold in the UK called ELC Soft Stuff. I have been able to buy some of the cutters on the UK ebay. I attached the pic of some caveman and dinosaur ones, and vehicles. I like the details in them! There are also Christmas themed ones, Bob the Bldr., space sets, and some strange characters called Fimbles.
714371447145http://www.cookiedecorator.com/images/misc/pencil.png

Donna Bailey
April 16th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Oh dear....Dollar Tree is calling my name!!!!!!!!!

Donna Bailey
April 16th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Some play doh cutters are very cool! There is a brand of them sold in the UK called ELC Soft Stuff. I have been able to buy some of the cutters on the UK ebay. I attached the pic of some caveman and dinosaur ones, and vehicles. I like the details in them! There are also Christmas themed ones, Bob the Bldr., space sets, and some strange characters called Fimbles.
714371447145http://www.cookiedecorator.com/images/misc/pencil.png

Well those are just nifty as can be!