PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever ship Letter cookies?

jcookies
May 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Any suggestions for shipping letter cookies? I have to ship 10 "M" and 10 "E" across the country - from NY to CA. Yikes. I am wondering if anyone has shipped letter cookies and if you have any tips. I am wondering if I should rethink my design - it's for a friend, and she's flexible. Thank you!:razz:

alysestanley
May 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Some letters I would be more worried about. You could pipe them onto a more study shape like a square or circle.

thecookiegirl
May 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I have shipped 2" letters and they made it fine....not sure about bigger ones. Also I packed 2 letters in one bag and then wrapped bubble wrap around each package. here is a pic of them before and after.

jcookies
May 18th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Alyse - Thank you! I considered that route, too - or using a small (like a fondant size a-z cutter) and cutting out a letter in a round cookie and then decorating around it. I might just go for it ~ Tanisha pictures have convinced me. :)

Tanisha - Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of your cookies. And what a coincidence that the cookies I am making are letters for my friend Michelle. My cookies are usually 1/4" thick, but I am thinking of rolling them out to 3/8" to get a more solid cookie. Your cookies look great!!

thecookiegirl
May 18th, 2011, 06:45 PM
thanks :) i roll mine to 1/4" thick. That is too funny that your friends name is michelle lol!!! Yeah I have mailed alot of cookies all different ways and i really am getting good results in wrapping each cookie in bubble wrap and using the flat rate boxes and just cushioning it with bubble wrap and then just filling the box up with the cookies wrapped in bubble wrap. i just fit as much as i can in one box. and the cookies get there in 1-2 days usually. i have shipped cookies from CA to NY also with no issue. :) I noticed if I don't use a flat rate box they usually get beat up more for some reason. Good Luck!

jcookies
May 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Tanisha ~ thanks for the flat rate box tip. I've got three orders to ship in the next week and a half - fortunately not big orders and one is for my sister. I was going to try the bubble wrap with some shredded paper, wrapping two cookies at a time, back to back. I think I saw a tutorial about that on universitycookie. Looks like there are some other great tutorials here, too. I can't believe I didn't register for this site sooner. Everyone is so helpful!