PDA

View Full Version : Volume

TheRedCooky
May 31st, 2011, 09:02 AM
For people selling, if you don't mind disclosing: What is the average number of cookies you sell
per week? And...

What is the maximum number of cookies you will make in a week?

I'm being asked to make a few dozen each week and am trying to decide if I want to promote and increase the number of cookies I make each week.

Thanks
TRC

Grozzie11
May 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM
This should be interesting to hear about. I have not long started selling my cookies, I have orders and I aim to do a market or 2 a month. Currently I get orders from 50 to 100 cookies per week and when baking for a market aim for about 300. That has me working every night after the kids go to bed, doing only the basic designs, as they dont want to pay for the intricate details or lots of colours ones. I dont actually think I can fit in making any more than that, this next 3 weeks is going to be a major test for me. I will be watching this post for ideas also. Have to get some cookies done now, back here tomorrow for an update. thanks all

thecookiegirl
May 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
I have done a max of 10 dozen in a week cause i am by myself and have two kids and a husband i try only to do cookies during the day and my nights and weekends try to keep them free for the family plus i work part time in a local bakery as the fondant cake decorator too. So far I have been averaging 5-6 dozen a week.

focadima
May 31st, 2011, 07:19 PM
I work FT--11 hours away from the house 5 days a week during the school year--4 kids sports etc..

I have taken on as much as 20 doz--yikes!--but like to keep it around 8-10

thecookiegirl
May 31st, 2011, 07:23 PM
I work FT--11 hours away from the house 5 days a week during the school year--4 kids sports etc..

When do you have time to sleep?? lol WOW I am impressed!!! :)

focadima
May 31st, 2011, 07:29 PM
well during the school year 6 hours is alot --LOL

my kids are older--not toddlers--but we still do a lot with them sport wise
the weeks I have had HUGE orders I bake on sunday and decorate during the weeknights--I am LUCKY because I have a dh and 2 of my kids who will help me flood

they knew how much I HATED my weekend 2nd job--I quit that when I started cookie-ing for others--also the cash on hand is nice--so they help when I need it

thecookiegirl
May 31st, 2011, 07:34 PM
awwwww thats nice :) i dip my cookies and use glaze, i don't flood so its a little quicker but my kids are teenagers also and i know how busy you must be. i have 2, i couldn't imagine 4 of them lol.....and you work full time WOW Kudos to you!!! I don't know how you do it but that is GREAT!!!! :D

focadima
May 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
I use glaze--but flood

Anita1956
June 1st, 2011, 04:00 AM

Insane. Not that I don't admire your kind of crazy.

Silver Sprinkle
June 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
20 dozen?!?:eek: Okay, I'm clearly at the other end of the spectrum. :lol:

I usually aim for between 2-4 dozen a week if I'm just having a cookie week. I do cakes and cupcakes too, so it usually works out to 1 or 2 cakes or the equivalent of cupcakes a week and then maybe a dozen cookies here or there.

What can I say? I have a 7 and a 4 yr old, need my sleep and don't handle stress very well.

Kudos to those who can do so many though.:clap:

Sweet Creations by Debbie
June 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I'm with you Valerie. I usually only get orders of 1-2 dozen a week, with the occasional larger order. I have a 2 year old son, so I'm pretty much limited to his single 2 hour naptime and at night once my husband is home from work, while also doing normal housewife things like cooking dinner and taking care of things around the house. I think if I took on much more than that, I would be too exhausted and stressed out.

The Cookie Corner AZ
June 19th, 2011, 12:43 AM
This week I cranked out 14 dozen! I turned down two orders today because I need to take a few days off! On the average I do about 5 dozen.
I think I'm going to put a limit on it starting in July.