PDA

View Full Version : Reward Ribbon

TheCuteCookie
June 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Just wondering.... has anyone ever seen a 'reward ribbon' cookie cutter around? You know, same idea as a Blue ribbon or 1st, 2nd, 3rd ribbon? If not, I am also trying to come up with some ideas for how to put parts of two cookie cutters together (luckily I only have 1.5 dozen to do so if I have to hand-cut........). But looking for easier solutions first!

The Cookie Corner AZ
June 9th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I've never seen a cutter but you could...
Use a daisy for the top part and a rectangle with the " v" cut out for the ribbon part. That probably didn't make sense but I can see it in my head.

Hope that helps.

Anita1956
June 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Mandy,

Blue ribbons were just added to ecrandal's site. I believe they're under the NEW June section.

TheCuteCookie
June 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I've never seen a cutter but you could...
Use a daisy for the top part and a rectangle with the " v" cut out for the ribbon part. That probably didn't make sense but I can see it in my head.

Hope that helps.

That is sort of what came to mind for me too, but it's looking like a BIG cookie haha... I need a smaller daisy cookie I think... :S

Mandy,

Blue ribbons were just added to ecrandal's site. I believe they're under the NEW June section.

That cutter is awesome!! Unfortunately it doesn't look like they ship to Canada....

eta: n/m I found where it says international shipping but it doesn't look like I would get the cutter in time. It would be perfect though!!

focadima
June 9th, 2011, 06:59 PM
someone makes a cheap one--maybe foose--or hmmmm another large cookie cutter store because 2x I went to order it and it was out of stock

marymoon
June 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Wilton's shooting star plastic cutter would give you the basic shape without having to piece together 2 other designs. I use it mostly for flower bouquets myself but I bet it would work for place ribbons.

The Cookie Corner AZ
June 9th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Yea, I was talking about a smaller daisy. I have a lot of different sizes so I was thinking about the 2 inch one. I think it's actually a fondant cutter I bought at HL.

Off The Beaten Path has one but I didn't like it. I saw the same one on EBay.

Is it hard to get cutters in Canada?

apronqueen
June 9th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Ecrandals do ship to Canada, I have order before and just got a package this week. The only difference is you have to call them instead of ordering on line. They are awesome.:clap:

apronqueen
June 9th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Yes, depending where you live. I order most of mine from the USA.

apronqueen
June 9th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I think that is a wonderful idea, I wish I thought of that.

TheCuteCookie
June 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Is it hard to get cutters in Canada?

Not necessarily hard, just expensive!! I only really order cutters when I have about 30 that I want to order at a time to save shipping costs because they add up VERY fast! I just made an order for nashville wraps and it is going to cost me $40 in shipping :S Yikes!

That shooting star would have worked perfectly! except the one I have is just slightly too small for a favour. It's only a dozen this time, so I think I will be hand cutting, BUT I will definitely be looking to order one when I 'need' to add more cutters to my already 500 count collection haha.