PDA

View Full Version : Getting circles to be round

GeminiRJ
April 26th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I used to avoid designs that had circles in them, or used something to substitute for the circle (like M&M's for eyes). I've found that if I let my glace icing set up overnight, I can take a cricle template (I'm a draftsman by trade....LOTS of templates!) and score a perfect circle into the icing using the tip of a corn cob holder. Easy to handle, easy to use.

Lisa
April 28th, 2010, 02:18 AM
What a clever idea! I never would have thought of that in a million years!!!! You are so smart!!

focadima
April 28th, 2010, 05:17 AM
I was thinking about doing this for Basketball or baseball lines

glad to see it works and someone else does it!

Kay - Rollin' in Dough
April 28th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I find the correct circular size object I need, such as smaller circle cutters, the big end of tips, and trace them on to the cookie with an edible marker.
Then I have a nice circle shape to follow.

Loren Ebert
April 29th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Sometimes I score the cookie with a smaller circle cutter (or anything else I can find that is round and the perfect size that I need)
Or...
I actually paint the bottom of the smaller circle with an edible marker and then press it onto the cookie so it leaves a faint circle than I can trace the circle with my icing. HTH!

Loren
www.thebakingsheet.blogspot.com (http://www.thebakingsheet.blogspot.com)

karen
April 29th, 2010, 04:01 AM
I actually paint the bottom of the smaller circle with an edible marker and then press it onto the cookie so it leaves a faint circle than I can trace the circle with my icing.

Great idea!! If you have a variety of colors of the edible markers, then you could choose a color that wouldn't be too obvious if you missed your outline in a place or two (like I usually do!). I love this idea! Like rubber stamping. I'm going to try it! Thanks Loren!

Christina
April 29th, 2010, 06:13 PM
You ladies are BRILLIANT!!! Awesome ideas....like for tractor wheels! (: Thanks for sharing!

whimsycookie
May 1st, 2010, 03:05 AM
wow..these are some great ideas!! I struggle every time I make a cookie with circles!! Thanks!

Laurie
www.whimsycookieco.blogspot.com (http://www.whimsycookieco.blogspot.com)

bonniebakes
May 1st, 2010, 10:33 PM
wow - now I'm actually excited to try a cookie with a circle on it, instead of my usual avoidance of those designs....

Grammyto5
July 14th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Urghhhhh - I hated doing circles also. My nemisis was EYES!!!! Anytime I saw something round that could be used to trace, I saved it.
I was in Staples and saw the circle template. Love it!! Just used it today to make the tires for my school buss cookies. So easy. Now why didn't I think of that before???? duh

texasgal43
July 27th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Great ideas! Makes me want to go get a circle template right now!!

The Cookie Corner AZ
July 27th, 2011, 06:45 PM
If I have a cookie that will need a circle on it (center of flower) I lightly tap the size of circle I will need into the uncooked dough. The imprint will remain even when baked then I just follow the imprint when decorating.

focadima
July 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
sunny recently I have started doing the same thing--now if I can JUST keep my piping on that line :)

DippinPops
July 29th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I have 48 rather large baseballs to do this weekend. I, too, hate circles! Today I bought a 9" Lazy-Susan for $5 and am going to center the cookie on it, start the icing flow close to the edge, and turn the table. In theory, it should work - I will let you know! Crossing my fingers here...