PDA

View Full Version : Hello Kitty Cookie Cutter or Template

Midnightbaker
May 23rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
I have been wanting to make a Hello Kitty cookie and was wondering if anyone had a cutter or a template that would work well as a cookie. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Amber
(Midnight Baker)

Yadkin Valley Cookies
May 23rd, 2010, 10:40 PM
I just found a picture on the internet and re-sized to the size I wanted the
cookies to be. Printed it out then taped to a cool whip lid to cut out and make the template
it worked great. I've recently ordered a cutter off ebay and it just arrived but it's
a bit bigger than I really wanted and took two weeks to get here.
Hope this helps.

Midnightbaker
May 28th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Thank you so much!

Shana
May 29th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Be careful when selling anything Hello Kitty. I know fellow bakers who have been contacted by Sanyo and told to stop producing Hello Kitty cakes and cookies or they will file suit. They also filed suit on a lot of Etsy sellers who had their products and reproductions using the Hello Kitty likeness. Just an FYI. Sanyo means business and they have and will go after the little guy.

Midnightbaker
May 29th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the head's up. That is pretty harsh for Sanyo - but I guess I understand...at any rate, I wouldn't put it on etsy or anything like that. It mostly would be used for my daughter, she is 3 and loves hello kitty. If I were to sell any HK cookies, it would be local only and to people I knew.

grammy
May 29th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Someone here made an adorable kitty (somewhat resembled Hello and wouldn't interfere with copyright but would make 3 year old happy) with a tulip cutter. I have no idea where on here it was shown, but maybe that decorator will chime in here.

Shana
May 30th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I was shocked that such a big compnay would go after the little guy but they were very harsh and very serious. The same thing happened with the production company behind Twilight. They went after a ton of people on Etsy for damages and a percentage of the money they made using the Twilight image (mostly jewelry people). I too only make that stuff for local customers and people I know. It is not worth the trouble if the big companies come after you. Scary.

Shana

Midnightbaker
May 30th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Someone here made an adorable kitty (somewhat resembled Hello and wouldn't interfere with copyright but would make 3 year old happy) with a tulip cutter. I have no idea where on here it was shown, but maybe that decorator will chime in here.
I'd love to see it. Do you remember what thread it was in?