PDA

View Full Version : shipping/mailing cookies

snydbs
November 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Does anyone ship or mail cookies, and if so can you tell me how you package them?

marymoon
November 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
I heat seal each cookie in a cello bag then wrap each one individually in bubble wrap. When I place it he box, I layer the bottom with packing peanuts and then arrange the bubble-wrapped cookies in layers.nafter all the cookies are in the box, I fill all spaces/gaps with eftover bubble wrap or packing peanuts. When the box is closed, the contents shouldn't move at all. If you sha it and hear/feel movement you need to add more filler in the gaps. I ship all my cookes via USPS Priority Mail and (knock wood) haven't had one arrive broken yet. :)

barbieitch
November 4th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I heat seal each cookie in a cello bag then wrap each one individually in bubble wrap. When I place it he box, I layer the bottom with packing peanuts and then arrange the bubble-wrapped cookies in layers.nafter all the cookies are in the box, I fill all spaces/gaps with eftover bubble wrap or packing peanuts. When the box is closed, the contents shouldn't move at all. If you sha it and hear/feel movement you need to add more filler in the gaps. I ship all my cookes via USPS Priority Mail and (knock wood) haven't had one arrive broken yet. :)

What Marymoon said! I do basically the same thing but instead of packing peanuts I use scrunched up tissue paper. I've shipped USPS and FED EX from California to New York and Florida with no breakage. I think as long as you bubble wrap each one and as mary says make sure nothing in the box moves when you shake it then you should be good.