PDA

View Full Version : I require a minimum quantity of 12 cookies per order,

Nanny's Sugar Cookies
May 27th, 2010, 04:17 AM
On my website I state that I require a minimum quantity of 12 cookies per order. I just completed an order for 18 cookies not a a big deal except that the customer wanted, 3 bumble bees, 3 separate graduation designs, 3 "girly" dresses and 1 each of 9 different other cookies. OMG...what is the best way to prevent this from happening again? What should have been an easy order was very time consuming because of all the different colors need for all the different cookies.
Does anyone limit the number of designs per order? Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening in the future? I appreciate any input.
thanks
Nanette

focadima
May 27th, 2010, 06:26 AM
wow! Maybe state that it is a minimum of 12 cookies--if they are all the same design ( or 2 different) it is $xxx if more then $xxx each. I know a lot of people list a price and state how many colors..that could work too, even if they are different designs the same color icing would help.

vtay
May 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Nanny:

That is funny, b/c I have a certain customer that does that to me all the time! And it is so hard to tell her and explain WHY that is difficult. One time she ordered: A swan, a personalized soccer shirt, a soccer ball and then an assortment of 10 different Easter cookies.

I think that stating "Minimum order 12 cookies - same desgin" might be the way to go. Unfortunately for me, my little friend does not read my website, she just emails me with her orders, so it is hard to go back and tell her the "new rules".

OR charge a 25 cent (or more) cookie upcharge for change of deisgn. Actually, I don't mind doing different cookies (I did an Alice in wonderland set of all different kinds) but for some reason it has to be MY idea, so I can blame myself!

cindy58
May 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Nanny:

That is funny, b/c I have a certain customer that does that to me all the time! And it is so hard to tell her and explain WHY that is difficult. One time she ordered: A swan, a personalized soccer shirt, a soccer ball and then an assortment of 10 different Easter cookies.

I think that stating "Minimum order 12 cookies - same desgin" might be the way to go. Unfortunately for me, my little friend does not read my website, she just emails me with her orders, so it is hard to go back and tell her the "new rules".

OR charge a 25 cent (or more) cookie upcharge for change of deisgn. Actually, I don't mind doing different cookies (I did an Alice in wonderland set of all different kinds) but for some reason it has to be MY idea, so I can blame myself!

I agree. Re the "MY idea" thing -- I can so totally relate to that!

Nanny's Sugar Cookies
May 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thank you ALL for the very helpful input, I really appreciate it. I am delivering the cookies today and I will "politely" let her know that in the future the minimum order of 12 needs to be in the same color scheme....vtay, I totally agree, when it's "my idea" I'm ok with it, LOL
I love this website, it is sooooo informative and full of helpful "cookie friends" !

alysestanley
June 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I too require a min order of 12 in the same design. Hope she understands for next time! Good luck!

GeminiRJ
June 10th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Be sure to note that the "design" includes colors! I can see the customer standing there saying she wants 12 flower cookies, all the same design. But she'll want 2 cookies in aqua, 2 in sea foam green, 3 in burgundy....you get the picture. And she's bound to pick weird colors!