PDA

View Full Version : PME Tips

CookieD-oh
November 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Hello, I'm going to order some PME tips because I'm tired of the curling I get when I try to pipe fine lines with Wilton tips. My question is, how do the PME tips compare size-wise to Wilton? (I have some Ateco tips, and they are larger.) So if I need the equivalent to a size one Wilton, which PME tip should I order? :scratch:

So Cute Cookies
November 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I looked through my tips and the openings are pretty similar, its the longer length of the PME's that I think helps out with the fine lines. My favorites are the 1.5 the 1 and the 2 in that order... I have the 0 and a 3 tip too. I love them! You can't get a 1.5 with Wilton and its a great size.
Kris
www.tinydogcare.com

CookieD-oh
November 28th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks Kris!

The Cookie Corner AZ
November 29th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I use the 1.5 A LOT!!!! I just crunched one up in the disposal and wanted to cry!

I like to outline with PME 2 then fill with Wilton 3.

To me, PME 2.5 is pretty close to Wilton 3.

Donna Bailey
November 29th, 2011, 03:34 AM
I use the 1.5 A LOT!!!! I just crunched one up in the disposal and wanted to cry!

I like to outline with PME 2 then fill with Wilton 3.

To me, PME 2.5 is pretty close to Wilton 3.I invested in a little drain screen ($1.99 in Walmart) to use when I am decorating just to be sure that nothing goes down into the disposal....also keeps out spoons, water bottle lids, etc. that seem to jump down there when I'm not looking!

LOVE the PME tips and to me they are just a tad "finer" than the Wilton in the same size.

CookieD-oh
November 29th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the replies! And Donna, I have one of the drain screens...it's a lifesaver!

Carrie
February 3rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
I know this is an old thread but SO glad I came across it.I will be going to walmart tomorrow to invest in a drain screen. Hubby just crushed another tip tonight.(Which is my fault)