PDA

View Full Version : Candy Clay - HELP!

Pam
February 4th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I'm using candy clay for the first time and through trial and (mostly) error I've discovered:

1. That my CC was sticking to parchment more than waxed paper (the cut outs)
2. That after sitting overnight, it was sticking to the waxed paper too.
3. That putting it in the freezer for a little while helped to release it from the paper (whew!)

Now...after the above realizations, I'm pretty sure it will want to stick to the favor bags I have to package them in tomorrow. I will be dusting with some luster dust in the morning, but...

Does anybody have any feedback on my bag thought? Is it going to happen? Is there any way to prevent it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DippinPops
February 4th, 2012, 04:33 AM
It sticks when it is getting warm & it needs to sit a little bit. I also dust the work surface (I use parchment) with some cornstarch & it helps a lot. When it sat overnight was it wrapped? Maybe it needed to sit out before wrapping . When I leave the cutouts alone for at least 15 minutes they seem to be easily moved & don't stick. Try letting the cookies sit out for a few hours or more before bagging - that should help. Or maybe it's too warm in the room? Wish I could help more, but I'm still learning too : ). Keep us posted!

Pam
February 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM
It sticks when it is getting warm & it needs to sit a little bit. I also dust the work surface (I use parchment) with some cornstarch & it helps a lot. When it sat overnight was it wrapped? Maybe it needed to sit out before wrapping . When I leave the cutouts alone for at least 15 minutes they seem to be easily moved & don't stick. Try letting the cookies sit out for a few hours or more before bagging - that should help. Or maybe it's too warm in the room? Wish I could help more, but I'm still learning too : ). Keep us posted!

I started using the cornstarch after searching here for some candy clay hints once I started trying to roll it. I had layered the cut outs between waxed paper and then put in a ziplock in a cool room. Guess I should have left the cut outs uncovered overnight??? I'm hoping the luster dust will help keep them from sticking after bagging. After sitting lightly covered overnight, the candy clay seems "harder"...more like a tootsie roll. I'm just concerned that once bagged and tied any heat (transporting in a car, outdoor heat, etc.) will cause them to start sticking. Hopefully not. Thanks Michelle, two (or many) heads are better than mine :-)