PDA

View Full Version : Do you make ribbon roses?

CindyW
March 10th, 2012, 12:28 AM
If so, are you left handed?

I can make buttercream roses for cakes all day long, but these ribbon roses are giving me a fit!
I can't figure out which way to turn the flower nail.
I am left handed and hold the nail in my right hand. I am turning it clockwise.
Sometimes they turn out and sometimes not!
Do right handers turn it counter clockwise?

CookieD-oh
March 10th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I am also left handed, and ribbon roses give me fits, too. I had to make a bunch of them last year, and I wound up turning the nail (held in my right hand) counter-clockwise. But it took a long time to get it down.

Feeling your pain,
CookieD-oh

LAM
March 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm a right hander and I turn it counter clockwise. It took me a lot of practice to get them right. And then after I tasted them I decided to use them sparingly :) I don't like all of that super hard RI on a cookie...

lov2bake
April 22nd, 2012, 02:24 AM
I bought Karen's tiny roses mold and am going to try making chocolate/confectionary coating roses for cookies instead of RI. Same with the tiny buttons mold. There is always someone in a crowd who would love to eat a super hard RI rose but I don't think that's true with most people.

SouthernBelleJen
April 22nd, 2012, 03:24 AM
I tried some recently and they were ok at best. I turned counter clockwise and I am right handed.

Cookie Couture
April 26th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I'm right handed and I turn the nail counter clockwise. Most of my ribbon roses are not "perfect" (I find the size to be the difficulty in them). However I LOVE having them on hand as little accessories for my cookies, I added them to some of my Easter cookies and was pleased with the results (see sheep and running bunny).13697 I've also attached them to sunglasses, dresses, hearts, etc. They really are a go to for me...