PDA

View Full Version : Cello Bags

SouthernBelleJen
March 20th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I purchased some cello "loot" bags at the Dollar tree the other day for a friend's son's birthday cookies. I read something the other day that referred to "food safe" plastic bags, and it made me wonder if what I bought is not safe for food. It doesn't say anything about food safe on the label, but is that something that y'all worry about? Do you specifically buy food safe cello bags? I didn't see this on the ones at Walmart in the cookie/cake decorationg aisle either! I am confused and I want to know if these are going to cause someone to get sick!

focadima
March 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I used to always use the ones from hobby lobby in the food aisle or the wilton ones --the ones at my dollar tree have printing on the edge-yuck..I did place an order from papermart for bags 1000 of 4 x 6 and 1000 5 x 7 I LOVE them-wish i would have ordered 2 boxes of each they are so much crisper

SouthernBelleJen
March 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I used to always use the ones from hobby lobby in the food aisle or the wilton ones --the ones at my dollar tree have printing on the edge-yuck..I did place an order from papermart for bags 1000 of 4 x 6 and 1000 5 x 7 I LOVE them-wish i would have ordered 2 boxes of each they are so much crisper

So, do you think that the dollar tree ones are okay to use this once? I plan to purchase more in the future (maybe those papermart ones since I want a good quality bag), but I hate to just throw these out even if they were only a buck! haha!

focadima
March 20th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I think they will be fine--I used them PLENTY of times in the past--

Izel
March 20th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I have seen those at the Dollar Tree but I don't like how huge the "Made in China" printing on the side is, you can even see it from the front of the bag if your cookies are not big enough. I usually buy the food safe ones from Uline since we order from the catalog here at work.

I live pretty close to papermart just have to find an excuse to buy more stuff :)

frostedbylesley
March 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM

Lisa, I use these as well. Only thing I don't like is how they show fingerprints and grease marks from the cookies. But they are great bags, esp. for the price!