PDA

View Full Version : Photographing your cookies

Tresjolie
March 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hi and help! I have cookie photo questions...
Do you use a photo box or anything special when you photo your cookies? I have a great camera and photo editing software, but not sure the best way to photograph my creations for my web site and for Facebook.
Any and all advice is much appreciated!
Carine

The Cookie Corner AZ
March 27th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I take pictures outside with natural light since we have a lot here in Arizona! I edit to crop and add a watermark.

Ruth D
March 28th, 2012, 01:37 AM
I'm not the best photographer and my camera doesn't seem to like close up detail work. But here's my two cents worth anyway. I take my pictures indoors and I usually put them onto a white doily for the background. I also use the "museum" setting on my camera to avoid a flash. Not fancy but it works for me and is fast. Good luck!

tdodd00
March 28th, 2012, 01:50 AM
I have tried a photo box but seldom like the results as well as ones using natural light. Sometimes I find myself taking pictures at the last minute when it is already dark outside...not a huge fan of that look, but sometimes it just happens that way!

Anita1956
March 28th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Carine,

If you have good natural light then that's the best in my opinion, however in my house there's not great light and so I use a lightbox and am very happy with the results. I normally use an editing program and soften the photos with a white filter that shows the true colors and then I tap up the red just a little that makes the vanilla cookie base a little more rich looking.

Hi and help! I have cookie photo questions...
Do you use a photo box or anything special when you photo your cookies? I have a great camera and photo editing software, but not sure the best way to photograph my creations for my web site and for Facebook.
Any and all advice is much appreciated!
Carine

bonniebakes
March 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I have tried a photo box but seldom like the results as well as ones using natural light. Sometimes I find myself taking pictures at the last minute when it is already dark outside...not a huge fan of that look, but sometimes it just happens that way! ditto!

Tresjolie
March 30th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the tips. I am def going to work on using natural light from now on. Plus I will fiddle with my editing software a bit more too. I think that a good photo can make or break a sale so I want to get it right!
C