PDA

View Full Version : Cookies Arrived in Bahrain!

PaintedCookie
June 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I was so happy to receive the news, that my Princess Cookies arrived safe and sound in Bahrain! Not one cookie broken!:yeahhh:

Check out my blog (http://www.PaintedCookieDesigns.blogspot.com) to see more pictures and the kind words from the recipient!

Alibeebu
June 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
wow. All the way to Bahrain!! That is some impressive cookie shipping skills you have my friend! Not to mention impressive cookie-ing skills to boot. How adorable are those?

PaintedCookie
June 14th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Thank you Alison, This was a new cutter from Coppergifts.com. I have 2 boys and I just love doing "girly" cookies!

Yael
June 14th, 2010, 05:50 AM
That is amazing! Good for you! Can you give me some of your packing tips? I would love to send some cookies to my family in the States.

Sarah
June 14th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Wow - too cute! And seriously, that "house" looks like something out of a fairy tale...amazing!

PaintedCookie
June 14th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Can you give me some of your packing tips?

Hi Yael!
I have a shipping tutorial on shipping a gift box. The theory is the same, you do not want ANY movement in the box, whether you shipping cookies in one box or a couple in a larger brown box. Shred placed in between the favors "gaps" laying side by side and then the bubble wrap on the top, helps to make it "shake-proof" In the picture you can see how I put the shred in between the stacks of cookies. This box has 2 layers of cookies, but I will go up to 3 in this size box (15X11X4). I had 2 boxes shipped in a larger box and used packing paper to fill in the gaps.
Email me if you have any other questions Yael:lol:

cindy58
June 14th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Your cookies are adorable and it's a great accomplishment too that they made it safely that distance!

cookiecrazie
June 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Terrific, Susan! Great job on both the cookies and on shipping. :)

alysestanley
June 14th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Awesome! Love your cookie--that's a great cutter! I just ordered from coppergifts.com last week. Also, I feel silly that I totally had to google Bahrain! Way to go on shipping!

PaintedCookie
June 14th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I feel silly that I totally had to google Bahrain!

I did too Alyse!

Yael
June 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks Susan! That packing job looks amazing. I'll have to give it a try.

alysestanley
June 14th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I did too Alyse!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Would love to hear how they found you?? Through your website? I love the pictures they sent you!!

I just sent my cousin some cookies to Afghanistan last month. 2 were damaged out of 30 cookies that I sent. I thought that was pretty good for going so far!

cookiejunkie
June 28th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I just sent my cousin some cookies to Afghanistan last month. 2 were damaged out of 30 cookies that I sent. I thought that was pretty good for going so far!

Alyse, how long did it take for your cousin to get the cookies. I plan on mailing my friend's husband some late 4th of July cookies this week. I'm really nervous about shipping them!

alysestanley
June 28th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I sent them using the Priority flat rate box for military...same size as the large flat rate box, just has a military symbol on the side. (I think the cost is $12.50) It took about a week, maybe a little longer. Good luck!