PDA

View Full Version : Baby Christening/Dedication Ideas

cookiejunkie
June 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I have an order for 2 dozen cookies for a baby girl's christening/dedication. What besides crosses can I do? TIA

Shana
June 29th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I have a dress cutter that has cap sleeves and I make little christening dresses. I keep them very simple and sometimes put a cross necklace on them. They are usually all white and have a sweet and simple bow across the waist or a little detailing along the bottom depending on what the client wants.

alysestanley
June 29th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I remember seeing angels and a monogram of the baby's initial recently. That would go great with crosses!

Alibeebu
June 30th, 2010, 06:35 AM
You could do baby biblical animals..Like little lambs or something. ??

hrmacphe
June 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I just made cookies for a Christening, little lambs, crosses and footprints.

Justforfuncookies
June 30th, 2010, 02:35 PM
These are christening dresses I made with a friend. The cutter came from coppergifts.com

These were done really late at night and I didn't get the best picture or the best cookie for that matter, but you get the idea.

PaintedCookie
June 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM
These are christening dresses I made with a friend. The cutter came from coppergifts.com

Beautiful dress Justforfuncookies!

cookiejunkie
June 30th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions...Now I have some decisions to make!!! Justforcookies, I'm actually thinking about ordering that cutter. Thanks for the pic! I think it looks great!!! Thanks again ladies!

Justforfuncookies
June 30th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I forgot to note in first post that this inspired by a cookie I found on Montreal cookies flickr stream - I think. I look at so many i lose track. I bought the little flowers from coppergifts.com and made the crosses with RI and gold luster dust. I've seen much neater dresses :) made from this cutter and sure you could find other ideas with a quick search.

Alibeebu
June 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
That's awesome!