PDA

View Full Version : Yes, it's cheating--sorta--but great cookie dough!!

SugarDeaux
July 24th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Long story short I had to remake cookie dough last minute tonight-I had made some days ago and it was just not right. The shower that was suppose to be Sunday was moved up to today because of the storm coming in--so my plans of spending all Saturday baking, and decorating went kaput!
Soooooo, I had a roll of Walmarts sugar cookie dough. I let it thaw out in a bowl. Then I floured my surface with a ton of flour...rolled it out flat. I then spread 1/3 of an 8oz pack of softened cream cheese on it and 1 tbs soft butter. I then sprinkled 1/3 cup of sugar and then put 1/2 cup of flour on top.. I rolled it up and with ample flour started kneading it all together, adding flour until I got my consistency right. After it was kneaded in -maybe one min of kneading I rolled in ball and let cool a bit in fridge. 5 mins later I split in half rolled out and cut cookies--cooled them on trays for 10 mins in fridge and baked. No spreading. Taste better than any sugar cookie, I've made! I know it's sorta cheating--but I didn't feel like pulling out the mixer, etc. If you're ever in a pinch give it a shot! We'll call it K's Cookie cheat recipe!:p

P.S. This is seriously a life saver for when you are short on time, don't wanna haul out the mixer, eggs, yada, yada and tasted great! No spreading!

bonniebakes
July 24th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Glad you had success with that - sounds like a great recipe for those unexpected cookie times!

Thyjuan
July 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM
i've not seen a cookie recipe with cream cheese in it...sounds yummy! I just made a cream cheese pound cake for a customer so I am in the cream cheese mode this week. :-)

cindy58
July 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
i've not seen a cookie recipe with cream cheese in it...sounds yummy! I just made a cream cheese pound cake for a customer so I am in the cream cheese mode this week. :-)

Karen has a cream cheese cookie recipe on her site: http://www.karenscookies.net/Cookie-Decorating-Recipes_ep_68-1.html#recipe03

Sugar Tapestry
July 25th, 2010, 01:13 AM
That does sound yummy! Karen's cream cheese cookies are very good. I've been in the cream cheese mode, too. This week I tried a new recipe for cupcakes for my step-daughter's 25 b-day next weekend. (Yes, I'm making cookies, too!) But, since I'm too chicken to make a cake, I thought, "Ah-ha, cupcakes!". So I found a delicious butter cupcake recipe (since that is her favorite) and made a cream cheese with mascarpone cheese butter cream frosting. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. I'll tint the frosting purple since that is her favorite color and bring her cookies. I think that'll do her up just fine.

Thyjuan
July 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Okay, I've got to try them! :D

focadima
July 25th, 2010, 07:04 AM
ok BUT the dough I makes takes me hmmm maybe 5 minutes total from scratch and I do not chill it before I roll!

SugarDeaux
July 25th, 2010, 07:09 AM
yes, but has cream cheese in it, Gotta admit i don't like making dough. This was yummy, firm yet soft.

focadima
July 26th, 2010, 04:28 AM
LOL --nope--no cream cheese! :)

cookiejunkie
July 26th, 2010, 01:40 PM
ok BUT the dough I makes takes me hmmm maybe 5 minutes total from scratch and I do not chill it before I roll!

Lisa, if you don't mind sharing, what recipe do you use?

Cat
July 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Sounds good, but messy. I would knead my KA for this.

SugarDeaux
July 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Sounds good, but messy. I would knead my KA for this.
Nope --just wiped up the flour on the counter when I was done. It kneaded in super easy-not sticky because of the flour. Rolled out great.