Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial on Shipping Cookies

Tutorial on Shipping Cookies

I apologize for the quality of some of the photos. I was packaging these up to ship out today, and at the last minute thought I'd take some pictures to post.

Steps are written on the photos. Seemed easier that way.

On a side note, I'm shipping these to a woman who is putting the cookies together on a platter. If I were shipping cookies that were individually bagged as favors, it would be the same procedure, only two bagged cookies back to back.

I hope this is clear. If not, fire the questions at me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails step1.jpg   step2.jpg   step3.jpg   step4.jpg   step5.jpg  

step6.jpg  

Awesome, Brenda! This is how I did it the few times I've shipped cookies. I always had them on edge like that, rather than flat layers. I wondered if others did it that way, too. Thanks for the tutorial!

This is awesome, thank you so much. I am shipping out cookies for the first time today and I hope they make it to their destination in one piece. I wrapped them all in bubble wrap, then wrapped the container in bubble wrap and put them in a box. Wish I had seen this before I sealed the box

I ship mine that way, too... I think they are safer leaning one in front of the other... Thanks for the great tuto, Brenda!
    A balanced diet is a COOKIE in each hand...

Visit my blog: CancunCookies

My Flickr Photostream

A huge thank you, This is soooooo helpful, I will be sending cookies out in a couple of days...So I will be doing it this way...Thanks sooo much for taking the time to put this tutorial up.

This is a great tip. What do you think the best icing is to use for shipping? Have you ever shipped a cookie with butter cream icing on it?

I don't pack mine the same way (although I will be trying this next time) but I do use buttercream frosting with no problems at all! I have a question Brenda...approximately how big/deep of a box do you use? I know that it would depend on how many cookies you are sending, but I would just like an idea of the size. Thanks!
    Terri
    There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

Fresh Cut Flours

on a side note--cute cotton candy cookies--LOL

I've only shipped cookies done with royal. It's interesting to hear that Terri has shipped with buttercream. I'm assuming it's a super crusting icing? Mine doesn't crust, so it would never work for me. Fondant...I'd be worried about it in the heat, but would probably be fine in the cooler weather.

Thanks Lisa! I should've picked one of the cuter cookies for the tutorial! It's a circus set.

Terri....the boxes I use really aren't that deep. Just enough room for bubble wrap on bottom and top and for the cookies to stand up. I usually use whatever box I have laying around, so it's hard to get an exact measurement.

Thank you Brenda! This is very helpful - I promised some of my extended family and friends to ship them cookies for my practice! They have been waiting while I figured out the best way to do this. Now I can feel confident to do it the right way! Thanks for taking the time to spell this out for us!