Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you promote your cookies?

How do you promote your cookies?

Do you promote or advertise your cookies, or is it all word of mouth?

Brindy I promote on Facebook, Mad Mimi for email promotions (free if you have under 100 emails which is what I have) and I donate to several organizations in town that always brings me new customers. And in the beginning, I gave away a lot of cookies, but after a couple of years it has really started paying off.

Senior Member Nanny's Sugar Cookies's Avatar
    I started off by giving away "free samples" of my cookies in hopes of getting orders and it did work, thankfully. Then my brother created my website http//:www.nannyssugarcookies.com but this fall I added a blog just to be able to post new cookie designs because I don't know how to manage the website. Word of mouth is the biggest generator for my business. also I have my website on the ingredients label that goes on the back of each cookie favor, this method reaches a lot of possible customers
    Nanette AKA Nanny's Sugar Cookies, LLC
    www.nannyssugarcookies.com
    Facebook - Nanny's Sugar Cookies LLC

well I am VERY new to this--but I also post photos on FB--my own personal one..not a cookie business one. I get a number of orders through this. I also brought cookies to a number of events last year--or especially when I went to graduation parties!
    I am a horrible self promoter

Senior Member Yadkin Valley Cookies's Avatar
    I started by giving out cookies to everyone local that I worked with, like banks-dr, dentist, county offices
    ( I work in government) and taking to family gatherings.
    I also use facebook which promotes some local business (sometimes mail order too). I now have an etsy
    shop that keeps me hoping too.

I have a Facebook page and also a blog for my non-FB customers.

Thank you guys for all the great ideas. I will be putting them to use!

Hi!

I have a website and a FB page. However, word of mouth is my biggest one.

I figured it out, and I have spent almost $600 on print advertising my first year I was open, and I got hardly any orders from it. Maybe a dozen? Over a year.

Then, when I do an order for say, a baby shower, there are times where I would get four orders from that one. So I could pay for advertising that doesn't work, or I could get paid to make cookies for parties and then get more orders from that, lol!!

If it's really slow I will make themed cookies for a business (teeth/brushes for a dentist, dollar signs for a bank) and just take them to their office and introduce myself.

I'm not good at this part at all either.

I have a FB page and blog-Florida Cottage food law does not allow advertising on the internet-so word of mouth and craft fairs have been my source so far. I was thinking of doing a flyer and either put on cars at local stores or in my neighborhood. Also I have a full time job, so I get a few orders from co workers.
    Adrienne

I am trying to promote this year through FB--I did get a few orders through my personal FB site but now I am trying to build up and network through my cookie FB