Thread: I PASSED! Now on to the kitchen inspection

Talking I PASSED! Now on to the kitchen inspection

I just wanted to share my good news: I passed my Food Safety Manager Certification exam a couple of days ago. Now "all" I have to do is get my kitchen inspected, and I'll have my residential kitchen license.

Have any of you had your kitchens inspected? I'm interested in hearing what the inspector looked for and how they went.

Thank you!
    Valerie from Silver Sprinkle Bakehouse
    Come and chat with me on Facebook!

Good for you! You are in MA right? So the state has a cottage law?

Congrats...I wish my state did this!
    Terri
    There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

Fresh Cut Flours

Thank you ladies. Yes, MA does have a cottage food law. I'm a bit worried about the inspection though...that and getting some orders. I feel another post coming.
    Valerie from Silver Sprinkle Bakehouse
    Come and chat with me on Facebook!

Hi Silver sprinkle
    I'm in upstate NY. I am considered a Home Food Processor. All inspections vary by county. I'm in Rensselaer County. My inspection was a piece of cake. No animals in the home. I had to have a home oven. No commercial oven. I'm not allowed to make chocolate candy. And no selling on-line. I can sell at farmers markers, or anything like that. Now a mile away is Washington County. The last I knew there were no laws governing home processors.
    All I can say is Good Luck.

Valerie - I'm from MA and am licensed. I think it depends on the inspector. I think he basically just wanted to see that my home was clean....and he checked the temperature of my fridge. That was it. I still have to take the Servsafe exam and let him know the results, but I am licensed in the meantime.
    Even though the inspection was easy, the whole process wasn't. The town originally told me they don't do home licensing, but after doing my research and going back to them several times, the inspector had no choice but to talk to me He was very nice, just told me his concerns about issuing a home license. But once he was confident in what I was making, and that my house was clean, it was easy from there.