Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soggy cookies?

Question Soggy cookies?

The humidity is already starting to make my cookies soggy instead of crisp.
    We were ok in the winter - leaving them out for the icing to set but now they seem to be getting soggy!
    I have tried to store them in a sealed container with some saltine crackers. It didn't help much.

Are there any secrets?

Thanks

really?? LOL--I have made lots of cookies lately and have no humidity issues--now wait a few months... LOL

I am having issues too... My cookies typically take 8 hours or so to dry and I left them out for 12 before packing them up last night, and some of the icing was sticking to the bag this morning. Not bad, but since I had to take them back out, I was unable to ship them today. Grrr... And it's a first order for a monthly-reorder customer!

wow I have had no recent issues--and I made lots this past week--I leave them out to dry uncovered over night

I actually only had issues with the red - I used a combo of Wilton no-taste red and Americolor super red (I had to use a lot & tried Wiltons for the no-taste but it just would not get red enough. One squirt of Americolor did the trick!). So maybe it was the combo? I was not a happy cookier!

When you say "soggy" do you mean the icing looks wrinkled? That happened to me for the first time last week and I wondered why. I made dresses and they looked like I pulled them out of the hamper! I would love to hear responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygals View Post
    When you say "soggy" do you mean the icing looks wrinkled? That happened to me for the first time last week and I wondered why. I made dresses and they looked like I pulled them out of the hamper! I would love to hear responses.
    I think this happens when you accidentally move or bump the sheet holding the cookies and the icing has dried slightly on the top but still wet underneath it. Causes a ripple in the icing. had it just happen to me last time I made them. Should have waited or been more carefully when moving them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita1956 View Post
    Aside from suggesting you move to the West coast.....
    I don't know that moving to the West Coast is a great solution at the moment. We have rains for the last several days and expected another several days with 76% humidity at 11pm...
    Cristin (Pinkie)
    Cristin's Cookies Facebook Page
    Cristin's Cookies BLOG
    Courage - When the world says, "Give up", Hope whispers, "Try one more time".