Thread: Butter or Crisco in MP Buttercream

Butter or Crisco in MP Buttercream

Hello all, I am brand new to this board and have been reading alot about the type of icing to use. I have a question---mainly for Karen if she sees this----a year ago you were experimenting with butter vs crisco and egg whites vs MP---- and seemed to really like the results from the butter and the dried egg whites, however in your video you show using crisco and MP.

so after a year, what is the go to icing you still use for all your cookies---have you changed your mind from the one you have used for over 10 years. I just can't decide what to try---

My other thought--could you use 1/2 butter and 1/2 crisco ---that's what I use for the basic simple buttercream frosting I make.

Thanks, I want to "play" so badly but just can decided.

Sue

Don't know when Karen will pop in again...you can e-mail her to her website and she answers right away.
    I use her Buttercream w/MP and crisco. I believe the crisco is so that it stays whiter. Still I take the advice girls give here to put white "color" in it to brighten the white more and make whatever color I add more opaque and true. Hope that helps.
    Blessings, Donna B.
    The Cookie Patch
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000474009899

Oh thanks Donna. I just came from one of our bigger grocery stores and they didn't carry dried egg whites soooo I guess my very first try will be with crisco and MP.