Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Order I placed http://www.wesellcoffee.com/ came and I love everything...

You're welcome Libby.
    Susie

Quote Originally Posted by focadima View Post
    wow anita does this mean you are saying buh bye to your pizza boxes

I was just thinking about gettting myself some!
    Don't get me wrong, pizza boxes are awesome! There's just two problems with them for me. The first is they obviously aren't airtight but secondly, because I can't see in them I find myself opening, moving, and shuffling through them when I'm using a stack of them to find the cookies I'm looking for. As a result I've ended up mangling cookies....scraping some with the flaps on the lids or cracking the icing before it's dried because the bottoms of the box will bend a bit when weighted with cookies. My next big order are bird cage cookies for a wedding and since I know I don't have enough of my new food containers to hold all of them, the pizza boxes will definitely come out of storage (i.e. top shelf, garage) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita1956 View Post
    I busted the bank the other day and bought 10 of the Camwear Full Size Food Pans (2/5 inches deep) with flat seal lid and oh. my. gosh. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! The investment was big....around 150-160 for 10 of them with lids but I can store a massive amount of cookies in them and they're not only perfect for storing and drying cookies while I work on them, but I was able to cut, freeze, and store 130 jumbo size cookies for an upcoming wedding in three of them (4-5 layers in each with wax paper between) which fit perfectly into our small above fridge freezer. I think it's the best investment I've made right after my 6 quart standing mixer that is. THANK YOU Susie for the recommend!
    Anita, I was wondering if you would mind taking a picture with some cookies in the container?
    Kimberly
    Sweet Creation's Facebook

Food Pans

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stacking2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	9823 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stacking.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	9824 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3356.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	9825

Kimberly, here they are. I included a couple photos to show that they're narrow enough to stack a number in my freezer as well as in one of my collapsible cooling racks.

The other thing I really like is that the lid is super sturdy thick plastic material and so I can decorate the cookies on the top of the inside of the lid and then when I'm done just place the food pan over the top. This is SUPER helpful for me because my biggest problem is that I end up moving my cookies to an airtight container too soon and in the moving I crack the glaze. This will hopefully me from doing that.

Again, with both pieces (you purchase them separately) each unit comes to around 14.00 dollars but I think they're going to last for years and are going to be much easier to keep clean compared to pizza boxes and the foil pans I was using before.

The one precautionary I can see is that when I'm not using them I either need to stack them with their lids on or separate each pan with bubblewrap before stacking together. They came that way in the shipping box and were wedged together tight enough that I was afraid I might end up cracking the plastic taking them apart. Didn't happen but still something to watch.

By the way, the dolphins in the pans are HUGE so that doesn'g give the best idea of how many you can lay flat. In the freezer I have 10 5.5x4 inch cookies on each layer in the freezer and they fit in easily.

wesellcoffee.com is having a sale. Not a big one but a sale. They wrote this on facebook:

Country Clean Paper Supplies
    Good Morning World!
    So we've looked at the % of users who've used coupons since they've been available, and data shows that the July/August has been the MOST popular.
    Spend $50.00 ... save 10%? Sound familiar?
    We'll were extending this coupon...AGAIN.
    It'll now expire at the end of this month.
    Code:1309981921
    HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

Woohoo! I am about to order a bunch of the plastic trays and lids--the same ones I used to get at Party City for almost $8.....they are super-cheap on this site! Thanks for sharing the coupon code too

You're welcome Libby.

I am soooo GREEN with envy Anita

those are awesome

( nice cookies in them too )

Quote Originally Posted by focadima View Post
    I am soooo GREEN with envy Anita

those are awesome

( nice cookies in them too )
    Thanks Lisa The dolphins are for my guest post at Frosting for the Cause on the 20th. Just a little promo moment there

the 20th is my sisters 25th wedding anniversary