Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fllickr Contacts

Quote Originally Posted by gknee View Post
    Bonniebakes- could you please add the web site addy for these places. You can't imagine how many sites came up when you Google these names.

Thanks
    FYI Jeanne, these are all groups on Flickr. Just go to the Groups tab and click on "Search for a Group". HTH

Quote Originally Posted by gknee View Post
    Bonniebakes- could you please add the web site addy for these places. You can't imagine how many sites came up when you Google these names.

Thanks
    When you sign onto flickr, there is a place where you can search for groups. You can either type in "cookies" or the names I listed and they should come up.

Thanks for this great thread! I have had mixed feelings with flickr. I have been blocked by a lot of people...realized it because I would see people post pictures on facebook (ex. someone says check out this great cookie, then I go to flickr and realize they aren't on my contacts anymore). It really hurt my feelings, but I know some people don't like to connect on social networks unless they really know the person and at the beginning I didn't have very many pictures on flickr so that is kinda a red flag someone might be there to steal ideas. I just brushed it off, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I had NO idea about these groups. Maybe if I start participating in some of them people will realize I am not a creeper! haha! This might make me like flickr a little more now.

Jennifer, I think you'll love it. I check the new photos from my contacts most days. I often see a new photo from Sweetopia, CookieCrazie, Lilal, BearfootB, Sugarbelle, etc, so I know there's a new blog post to check out. Then there are the gals that don't have blogs, so it's fabulous to get to see their cookies. It's one quick stop and so easy to see what's new. Maybe facebook is the same, but I don't get on there much.
    . . . Dotty . . .

. . . My Cookie Diary . . .
    . . . My Website . . .
    . . . Find me on . . .
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Pinterest

Hi Dotty,
    I just added you as a contact.Your work is amazing! Here is my Flickr page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/momsshoppingengine/

Added you back. Your work is incredible!
    . . . Dotty . . .

. . . My Cookie Diary . . .
    . . . My Website . . .
    . . . Find me on . . .
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Pinterest

Jennifer, is there a way to get "unblocked"? I would've been upset it that happened to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by 2tulips View Post
    Jennifer, is there a way to get "unblocked"? I would've been upset it that happened to me too!
    No idea! I was able to email one person specifically and she apologized and said she just was being cautious! Apparently I look like a creeper on flickr...or did! haha! The other one that I know about and really upsets me since I can't favorite her stuff (and I LOVE it) doesn't have a blog (she is someone I found through Callye), but it really makes me sad. I have no way to contact her and tell her I'm normal!

What's a creeper?
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel
    Those that mind don't matter
    Those that matter don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by lov2bake View Post
    What's a creeper?
    haha! You can tell I'm a 24 year old huh!?! It is just like a person who just looks online but doesn't ever comment or participate (which is a lurker) but a creeper is just the same but creepy (maybe they have no pictures, or like have weird pictures that have nothing to do with cookies...not normal family pictures or something)...lurkers are normal, creepers are weird. Another good example is like when a girl makes her profile picture on FB a pic of her in a bikini, and then all these men she doesn't know start requesting to be friends. That's creepy, so they are creepers. Obviously, I am not a creeper...I just was worried someone got that vibe or something and it hurt my feelings.