Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question, party favors for a wedding of at 300

I do one favor per bag I charge $4 for brides and grooms. The smaller ones maybe $3 each. Most will only chose one or two designs. I do not charge less for larger orders at this time. They all take the same amount of time to do.
    Joanne AKA Cut It Out -cookies by Joanne

www.cutitoutsugarcookies.com

Thanks so much for your input. it's really helped me out in pin pointing a price to charge. You gals are so helpful!!!!

300!?!?!?!? THREE hundred????? As in 299 plus one more?!?!?!?! I would charge double just for the stress of such an enormous order.....Plus I am thinkin' you are going to need the extra money to pay for all of the arm massages you will need in order to complete that order. PLEASE keep us all posted on what you end up charging and your progress on the order!!!!!!!! And I will keep you in my cookie prayers!!!!

Oh Kelly, that's a lot of cookies! I would call around local and check online all over for prices she would have to pay if you weren't doing them.
    Don't lower your price, that's a lot of work!!!

kells1166,

I did 300 plus and 200 stenciled cookies for my daughter and sons weddings last summer, they were 5 weeks apart. I bagged and tagged for my daughters ,for my son's they were put on the dessert table. It is a lot of work. I had a friend help me bag and we finished 1 hour before the rehearsal dinner. I told myself I would charge $2 per bagged favor if anyone called me. Well someone did call but I could tell she thought that was high and after getting off the phone I thought maybe I should of had a lower price but then told myself not to worry about and stick to that price for bagged ones. I don't know if this is of any help. Good Luck

-Sherry

Quote Originally Posted by apronqueen View Post
    I do one favor per bag I charge $4 for brides and grooms. The smaller ones maybe $3 each. Most will only chose one or two designs. I do not charge less for larger orders at this time. They all take the same amount of time to do.
    Joanne, forgive me for asking a stupid question, but you're quoting in Canadian dollars, right? (Just want to make sure we're comparing apples to apples!)

I just want to chime in on the Canadian/American dollar thing. I am from the US and moving to Canada since my husband is Canadian. The exchange rate is so close these days that it wouldn't matter. A few months ago the Canadian dollar was actually worth more than the US, and now the US is worth a little more.

I don't really sell my cookies, but the few times I have, I have charged the same in the US and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I just want to chime in on the Canadian/American dollar thing. I am from the US and moving to Canada since my husband is Canadian. The exchange rate is so close these days that it wouldn't matter. A few months ago the Canadian dollar was actually worth more than the US, and now the US is worth a little more.

I don't really sell my cookies, but the few times I have, I have charged the same in the US and Canada.
    Thank you, Annie! I guess I really hadn't been paying attention to the exchange rate! I thought there was still a 20% difference or so.

Yea I am glad it's not that much of a difference! :-) When I buy something in Canada, the difference is usually under a dollar.

I just did 200 Valentine's cookies for a local business. It's a lot of work, even when the designs are simple! Do NOT discount simply because it's a large order, unless they plan on ordering that same amount repeatedly, which they (of course) won't. You probably aren't getting any deals for buying your supplies in bulk, so there are really no savings to pass on to the client. Good luck with the cookies!