Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question, party favors for a wedding of at 300

I don't know if this helps you (I assume you have already quoted the price by now) but I did these (sorry, I can't upload here, so I'm linking you) for an engagement party last week.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I only did 25 of them, but they were ALOT of work..........and my arm was seriously stiff 2 days afterwards. I charged $2.5 ea for them (bagged w/ satin ribbon). These are pretty large......

I got an order immediately following to do the "Happily Ever After" and the "Bride and Groom" cookie for a wedding Nov 3rd. They want about 150 or so. I quoted the same price, although now I wish I would have quoted more.

Although I charge people, like Anita, all my money goes to charity (100% ... mainly b/c of the local Health Dept Laws) but, doing wedding orders to me is very stressful.........AND doing orders to replicate something is also stressful because the customer has expectations. I hope I don't regret this around...............Nov 1 or so!

thanks vicki, after i quoted her the price for 2.00 a favor i haven't heard back from her. so i'm guessing she thought i was to pricey. but i'm sure if she were to go somewhere else she'd pay so much more.

HI. I also gave a quote of 2.00 per bagged favor and could tell she thought that it was alot,but she was kind, said she would think about it,of course she never called back. But after making 300 plus bagged favors for my daughters wedding and 200 unbagged cookies for my sons wedding last summer (5wks apart) I told myself if someone calls me I would charge at least 2.00 per bagged favor. Of course the cookies for my kids weddings were made with a mothers love. everyone else is getting charged.

-Sherry

LOL Sherry! I love it! I have totally learned my lesson in the last year. There is a big difference between a mothers love and everyone else. I just finished a 130 cookie order last week. My hand hurt for days. Then this week someone contacted me about 450 Wedding favors! My hand hurts just thinking about it. I usually charge $2.50-$3.00 each, but I said I would do them for $2.00 each. They seem pretty simple. I have not heard back yet, but I will NOT go any lower.