Thread: Shipping cookies with glaze

Shipping cookies with glaze

Hi all,

I'm very new to cookie decorating... I use Cookie Crazie's glaze on mine which of course is softer than RI. Has anyone ever tried to ship glazed cookies? Any tips would be much appreciated. My friend is going on a 2 month long business trip and is miserable just thinking about it, so I was thinking about sending her a care package once she gets there.

Thanks!

I use glaze and ship....same procedures as with any cookie.....lots of bubble wrap....box within a box...don't leave any space for them to bounce around. Good luck

I use glaze only also. I have only shipped a couple of times and have had no trouble at all. My advice would be make sure the cookies dry for at least one full day before you bag them. And as others have said...lots of bubble wrap...I also ship my cookies vertically and use the box within a box shipping method.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmier View Post
    I use glaze only also. I have only shipped a couple of times and have had no trouble at all. My advice would be make sure the cookies dry for at least one full day before you bag them. And as others have said...lots of bubble wrap...I also ship my cookies vertically and use the box within a box shipping method.
    Ditto what Kimmie said. I only use glaze and ship all the time and like Kimmie I ship them individually heat sealed, wrapped in bubble wrap and standing vertically. The main difference is I let glaze cookies dry for 24 hours before heat sealing and shipping. If I heat seal them any sooner than that the bag can stick a little to the icing surface at certain places.

Thanks everyone... just checked out your blog, Anita... I didn't know you could freeze glaze! What a great idea as I would like to make a big batch and then take a little out at a time to practice...