Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packaging and pricing for cake pops?

Ok Dippinpops, I have some more questions for you!

-do you add the sugar/candy to the pop right after you dip it in the chocolate?
    -how do you give them to your customers? You use the small treat bags, but then what? Do you put them in a box after that?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions!!

I have 6X6 boxes and I will usually put them cake side down. Or I will lay them head-to-toe style & layered. Depends really on how many there are. You could also use those foil disposable baking pans. I also have stands that I let them use (the Wilton lollipop stands - they were on clearance once at Michaels & I bought a bunch - I think I have some still in the boxes lol!)

I don't add anything to the pops until 30-60 seconds after I dip it, otherwise everything just slides off!

Don't apologize for questions!!! I have so many of my own sometimes & I am glad to have this forum!

I just made cake balls (no sticks) for the first time this week. They were pretty good for a first try, but I always have trouble dipping....at least while I'm dipping I "think" I'm having problems, but once they set up they don't look bad! It was kind of fun. I wouldn't have the patience to do the character pops, though.
    Vicki

Vicki I agree, for the amount of time they take to make vs. how long they take to eat...! Aren't they yummy though?!?

Thanks Dippinpops That makes sense about waiting to add the sprinkles! I think I'll se if I can find some boxes tomorrow at Michael's or HL also.
    And I agree with you both--anytime I've made cake balls it seems to take FOREVER and then people devour them in an instant! But they are just so good. I don't think I'll offer character pops to customers, but I'm going to try some Elmo ones for my little guy's birthday in April--we'll see how those turn out!!

They are pretty good, Michelle. But, I think I like them better when kept in the refrigerator..I'm not sure I like the texture of the ones @ room temp. It could be I just didn't have the right ratio of frosting to cake since it was my first try. I'd love to taste one of yours since you've been doing it a while, you've probably got a better handle on what tastes best.
    Vicki

My taste testers' favorites are by far banana/chocolate and golden butter yellow/chocolate (they call it "pound cake") - I haven't ever had them cold, will have to try it!