Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark chocolate Cacoa

Quote Originally Posted by katydoescookies View Post
    Anita, the dough is to die for...I had to restrain myself from eating the whole bowl. My hubby just went after more dark chocolate cocoa so I can finish the dough. He loves it too. I love the dark brown color mixing the two gives the dough. Yum!!! --Katy
    Oh Katy, there are sooooo many ways to consume that dough!!!! One of the best is place a chocolate mint candy on the top of a hot cookie and then eat it. Oh. Yum. The other day I made a batch of the dough and ground up a bag of peanut butter chips in it. Again, let me say, Oh. Yum. OOOOOORRRRR take two hot cookies out of the oven and sandwich a marshmallow in the middle. And yes, that's right. Oh. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita1956 View Post
    Oh Katy, there are sooooo many ways to consume that dough!!!! One of the best is place a chocolate mint candy on the top of a hot cookie and then eat it. Oh. Yum. The other day I made a batch of the dough and ground up a bag of peanut butter chips in it. Again, let me say, Oh. Yum. OOOOOORRRRR take two hot cookies out of the oven and sandwich a marshmallow in the middle. And yes, that's right. Oh. Yum.
    Anita, I will file those away for later. Can't wait to try them but my focus now is on making cookies. Will let you know when I try them and I will try them..Yum--Katy
    Don't let comparison steal your joy!!! --Sugarbelle
    Compare a little less and enjoy a little more.
    --LilaLoa

You have the potential to make beautiful things. Yes, you.--Chapix Cookies

https://www.facebook.com/katydoescookies

I don't know but for some reason I can't perfect the taste if I'm using dark chocolate that's why I just to cacao whenever I'm baking cakes.

Vote for Valhrona!

I splurged at the beginning of the year and bought Valhrona. I had only used Hershey's before, so this would be new to me. I made up the cookies on Smitten Kitchen that are called "Chocolate Wafers", and the cookies were deep, rich chocolate!

The next time that I used Valhrona was in a cake recipe. I only used half of the chocolate it called for, (cocoa), and it was beyond anything that I had made before. I can't always afford Valhrona, but it was someone's (Mr. Picky's) birthday and he just loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Anita1956 View Post
    Anita, this post confirms it! Your Avatar is right! You are the Cookie Monster!!!

I just bought three cans of Saxo cocoa that someone mentioned on here as being excellent. Found it at Woodman's. Reasonable. Can't wait to try it. Have never heard of Valhrona. Will look into it. --Katy
    --LilaLoa

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMonkey View Post
    I've used King Arthur black cocoa in Lila Loa's and other chocolate sugar cookies and it's my favorite by far. No problems with the dough that i can recall.
    I was thinking of trying thier blaxk cocoa thanks to Pam's dark chocolate cookies. Now you make me want to go and buy some! I currently use Hershey's Dark.

Katy, the gal that writes the "Smitten Kitchen" blog is the one who mentioned it in her recipe for "Chocolate Wafers", which is a recipe that I think you will fall off your chair for, (we did!). I did a search on it and it is reported to be one of the cocoa's that "top" chefs use that are pastry chefs. Well, I had to buy it and try it. Not sorry that I did. It is a deep, luxurious cocoa. I want to save that for special and use Hershey, which I grew up on for regular cookies. I never knew much about all these different cocoas and have been getting a real edu-ma-cation!!!

This place with give you lots of that edu-ma-cation stuff!!! Glad you are enjoying yourself.--Katy
    --LilaLoa

Quote Originally Posted by Thyjuan View Post
    I was thinking of trying thier blaxk cocoa thanks to Pam's dark chocolate cookies. Now you make me want to go and buy some! I currently use Hershey's Dark.
    I originally used the black cocoa following Pam's recipe (part regular, part black) but at least to my taste buds there was a diminished overall chocolate flavor rather than a deeper one. The color was amazing though!