Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweetopia's June 8th Tutorial on Using Kopykake

Its also on my "want" list. Thank you so much for posting this. Sweetopia's great!

Edible Art Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Edible Art View Post
    Its also on my "want" list. Thank you so much for posting this. Sweetopia's great!
    Hi Missy,

I just checked out your blog, wow what scrumptious desserts, and thank you for sharing your recipes.

Shondra

Luv her. Been following her blog FOREVER! I'm SO saving up money for one of those bad boys

Thank you for sharing the post Susan. I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by vtay View Post
    I am sure you can get it cheaper than Amazon, but it runs about the same or more than a kopykake 1000, and I store it in my kitchen drawer.
    I ♥♥♥ this idea as I do not have the room for a KopyKake in my workspace. If you have a chance, can you post a picture of how you set it up on the bottom of your upper cabinet? I love the idea that you can "hook it up" to a computer for an image.
    Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!

Yep. Next time I have it out, I will photograph the set up. Looks kind of wacky, but it only takes a second to hook up, is very convenient and I have virtually thousands of images I can use. I tried the Batman symbol this morning (I have turned down batman orders b/c I could never do that freehand) and it is amazing how easy it is to follow the lines.....................was kind of genius on the hubby's part, but I don't want him to know that!

Thank you so much Vicki! I have put this on my "wishlist" on Amazon! I love that it is so containable!

Really appreciate it!

I like it b/c it is small and any image I find on the computer is basically ready to go. Now if I could get rid of my shadow.....

Thank You So Much!!!

Just found this blog today and am tickled to see this tutorial on Kopycake. I collect antique Christmas postcards and have quite alot. I never knew why I "had" to collect them, but, I decided that it would be great if I could print them out somehow on a cookie. Viola! Here is my answer.

I won't be able to do it this year, but, when my next student loan comes in, I am going to be able to get this. I make designs, too, and want to print them out. I call myself "Post Card Cookies", lol, cause I also am carving low-reliefs with the help of some outside folks, of these cards so that I can make molds of the carvings and cast them in cookie dough. I think it's similar to Springerle cookies, just the antique cards. Too beautiful and elegant. And, with my friends all out of work, watching pennies, I thought of just making cookies for gifts, but that didn't seem like a lot....and then I found YOU guys!

My gosh! Ali Bee's Bake Shop, Fancy Flours, Cookie Canvas, Glorious Treats, Cookies with a Mission! I have been reading and getting teary-eyed with all the beautiful pictures that you shot for your websites. Your talent is apparent. You guys are actual artists, and I bet your work is just loved by tons of people. I want to order tons of cookies from you all for a Christmas Tree this next year. Then, I guess I would have to invite a ton of kids over to all take the cookies home with them. That would work! What a great tradition that would be to start, huh? I wonder who I could get to do a story on it? Hum...my old PR wheels are working. LOL! Really, it would be wonderful to do this and list everyone that I bought the cookies from. I think that making cookies and baking is one of the key things that a family can do to "glue" it together. It's a great family activity. Okay, this is my mission for this next year. Promoting "couture" cookies! You guys need to be noticed. You are all great!

Question for Vtay

Quote Originally Posted by vtay View Post
    I have grown increasingly frustrated with my lack of artistic ability. I feel I am creative, but sometimes feel like I can't execute what I would like because I do not have an artistic bone in my body. Even looking directly at someone else's cookie design while I am decorating can give me fits. I mean, I look at Sweet SugarBelle's cookies and while I am in awe, I know I could never come up with that stuff even if my icing was perfect and the sun, the moon and the stars aligned!

After reading and viewing Marion's Kopykake tutorial (which was AMAZING) I was convinced that this was it for me. I went to the website (Madision Art Supply http://www.madisonartshop.com/kok1aroppr.html) and even found a code for about $20.00 more off. So, It was going to be like $329.00 or so for the K1000.

I told my husband this is what I would like to be my next purchase (he was very sweet and bought me a printer/edible sheets a few months ago). He told me to "let him think about it" and maybe he could come up with a better idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-PK301-P.../dp/B0039XRJ5Y

It is a small projector - about the size of a larger digital camera. (about 5").

The good thing is, I hook it directly to my computer, pull up a graphic or piece of clipart from the internet and it projects perfectly. I bring my computer (I have a notebook computer) into the kitchen and my husband has it worked up where I put the projector on the bottom of my "upper cabinet" and it projects onto the counter/cookie. I can manipulate the size, etc.. of the image from my computer and the image is really clean.

I was afraid of my hand getting in the way of the image, which it still does at certain points (Marion tells how to work around this) but, it seems like it will be fairly simple to do. I have only tried it once this morning with some black icing I froze (the consistency was runny) and I did it on a piece of paper.

Yes, it still is expensive, but it can be used for other things, too. I'm not sure what (maybe my hubby and I can lay in bed and project hand puppet images on the wall) but I am looking forward to giving it a go. Will it make me Sweet SugarBelle? Nope. But I might be able to trace Elmo's head on a cookie without him looking like Shrek.

I am sure you can get it cheaper than Amazon, but it runs about the same or more than a kopykake 1000, and I store it in my kitchen drawer.
    I have had this projector booked marked for a while after reading your post here. It has been a while and I wanted to ask if you are still using it? I just don't have the room for the KK and I love that it is so small and you can plug it into your computer via USB port.

Thanks
    Susan