Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think Cookiecrazie should do an icing video tutorial!!

Awww SugarBoy......you are so sweet. This is a little embarrassing because it is not that I couldn't afford a video camera necessarily, just that I've not had a reason to get one in the last few years. (We had a few when the kids were little.....but now those cameras are dinosaurs!) So please don't start a camera fund for me. It wouldn't seem right for others to buy me a camera.

My girls tell me that I could use my digital camera for short videos......but sharing how I decorate cookies is not exactly a few short clips, if you know what I mean.

So let me ponder this for a while and see what I should do.

Maybe I should just go visit with Karen & Mike's family in Idaho and have Mike video me in Karen's kitchen. hee hee

OK - I'll put the 'camera fund' on-hold. But don't be surprised if others may want to chip in. (Heck, it's cheaper than buying a book!) My apologies and I did not want to imply what you could/could not afford.

You are such a giving person. I read your blog and your mission with the cookies. I want to give something back for everything I learned from you.

A trip to Karen's would be great. How many videos do you think you can do?

For now the fund is on-hold... (I have ten bucks...hmmm...time to go cookie cutter shopping!)

D'oh...I spent $14 on cookie cutters!

Maybe I should just go visit with Karen & Mike's family in Idaho and have Mike video me in Karen's kitchen.
    You're welcome anytime! You do have to agree to the working conditions though--- You have to be willing to work late at night so the baby is in bed. Then you have to be able to ignore the 3 other faces staring at you from upstairs when they're supposed to be in bed. And you also have to be willing to start a perfectly good take over because the baby hollers from her crib that she has a poopy diaper. If you can work under those conditions, we'll provide the kitchen, lights and camera!

Pam, I use our Cannon point and shoot camera for videos of my boys and it works great. You can then just upload to You Tube or Vimeo. Would love to see you in action!

Karen.....remember....I have five children. I remember those days. I wasn't doing cookies back then like now, but everything was always an interesting challenge.

Boy.....wouldn't we have fun if I came?

I'll have to see about using one of our digital cameras. I'm not thrilled about being video-ed......but I think I could get past that part. I noticed in some videos on http://www.universityofcookie.com/ that some of the decorators don't ever show their face.....only the actual decorating. I like that idea.

ask your kids if their friends have a camera you can borrow--LOL--most teens and 20 somethings have nice cameras

see if I would have known all this when I was in St Charles in may I could have brought my camera and filmed you--My ds would have been happy because he thinks I need lesson's from you--LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cookiecrazie View Post
    Karen.....remember....I have five children. I remember those days. I wasn't doing cookies back then like now, but everything was always an interesting challenge.

Boy.....wouldn't we have fun if I came?

I'll have to see about using one of our digital cameras. I'm not thrilled about being video-ed......but I think I could get past that part. I noticed in some videos on http://www.universityofcookie.com/ that some of the decorators don't ever show their face.....only the actual decorating. I like that idea.
    We would have so much fun if you came, Pam! Come on over!

Funny about the videos where they don't show their face. That is exactly what I wanted to do. When we first started playing around with making videos, I didn't show my face at all. We showed the test videos to a few people to get their opinions, and they all said they wished they could see who was talking. Soooo.... I lost! I would like them a lot better if they didn't show my face!!

Quote Originally Posted by karen View Post
    Funny about the videos where they don't show their face.
    What about one 10-15 sec intro clip of Pam introducing herself. This intro can be added to the beginning of the tutorials and the actual tutorial can be of that particular technique...ummm....I guess I'm assuming too much and hoping for more than one video????

Quote Originally Posted by karen View Post
    I would like them a lot better if they didn't show my face!!
    Not too many people like being on video (or having their pictures taken). The others who don't mind are called actors.

I tend to look away from the camera. Quick "camera" story...I was getting new glasses and I asked the technician to add the anti-glare coating to the lenses because I get lots of pictures taken of me on the weekends. She says, "Oh, are you a model?" So I asked her, "Do I look like a model?" I had to chuckle because my response caught her off-guard and she stammered a bit. (I am way too old, chunky and short to be a model.)