Thread: Anyone know how she did this?

Anyone know how she did this?

I'm a huge fan of Caylee for lots of different reasons. Does anyone know how she got the 3D effect on the pink flower cookies? I know we are always concerned with not having any dips or craters so I'm wondering how we make them. LOL All the pink flower cookies have them so I'm guessing they were intentional. Any ideas how she does it? (I asked the question in the comments but I don't know how often she reads them). I'm wondering if she does a thick outline to build it up a bit higher and then goes back and fills in the middle? Any ideas?
    http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/...-you-can-make/

I think in this case the craters just worked out well for Caylee. Maybe pipe the outside of the petals and fill from the outside in.

I don't think that the craters were intentional either, though they do look just fine.

You can see that she outlined first. It doesn't look very thick to me.

Those dang craters. They always appear when you don't want them. My suggestion - try like heck to *not* have craters. That should do the trick. ha!
    . . . Dotty . . .

. . . My Cookie Diary . . .
    . . . My Website . . .
    . . . Find me on . . .
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Pinterest

Nope, I don't think they are intentional either, but it is nice to know she is human and this happens to her occasionally too!
    Terri
    There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's screaming to get out...I can usually shut her up with cookies!

Fresh Cut Flours

They are so perfect, I think they may have been intentional. It makes the petals seem curved on the pink flowers. There's a question for the Spring Fling!
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel
    Those that mind don't matter
    Those that matter don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by lov2bake View Post
    They are so perfect, I think they may have been intentional. It makes the petals seem curved on the pink flowers. There's a question for the Spring Fling!
    I think they may have been intentional too, they are pretty consistent on every petal. Maybe she just piped a wide border and used a boo boo stick or toothpick to push a small amount into the center.
    Brina- Thats Just Delish- Nut Free Baking
    www.thatsjustdelish.com
    www.facebook.com/delishbakeshop

Quote Originally Posted by thatsjustdelish View Post
    I think they may have been intentional too, they are pretty consistent on every petal. Maybe she just piped a wide border and used a boo boo stick or toothpick to push a small amount into the center.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If they'd only shown up here or there then I might have thought it was the icing but it appeared to be consistent across all the pink flower cookies.