Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Obsession!

An Obsession!

I just placed another order with Karens Cookies! I had to get those new cutters she designed! I also needed some black food coloring...but somehow I was able to get that cart up to $75 for free shipping! haha! I got some cutters, PME tips, food coloring, and some sprinkles. I am so excited for my new cutters toys to come! haha! I have been obsessively checking my tracking every since it shipped. Please tell me I am not the only one this obsessed! ha!

A couple weekends ago my cookie cutter obsession came to a head and I had run out of room to store them at the bottom of the pantry, so I bought a utility shelf and some plastic shoe type boxes and label maker to organize them in my garage. Everytime I go out there and look at them all lined up, it makes me smile. My hubby just doesn't get it! He was in awe of how many I had and now thinks I must have every cutter under the sun (I probably have maybe 250-300). He is going to be in for a big laugh when he sees me open this new shipment (maybe 10 new ones in it)! haha! AND I don't even have one copper cutter yet! So, I still have tons left to buy in future years! Oh hubby will just have to understand! hehe!

How many of y'all can relate!!!!

Ha ha! My poor husband and yours could probably sit around all day talking about their confusion over our obsession! Everytime I get a box from Karen's cookies I already have my rationale ready to present to him. One day he told me that even the UPS guy was like, "You get a lot from this cookie place!" Ha ha! I tell my husband that I can either be obsessed with cookie making things or with designer shoes....he's really happy I love my cookie stuff!!
    ~Victoria~
    Bellaria Bakery
    www.bellariacookies.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BellariaBakery
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellariabakery/

"Winners forget they're in a race - they just love to run" - With Honors

Haha! I know it! I have a feeling we are far from alone in this forum on this topic!

I'm so happy my DH has a hobby too. We come out pretty even. Love getting boxes from Karen's. Just like unwrapping a present...to myself!! --Katy
    Don't let comparison steal your joy!!! --Sugarbelle
    Compare a little less and enjoy a little more.
    --LilaLoa

You have the potential to make beautiful things. Yes, you.--Chapix Cookies

https://www.facebook.com/katydoescookies

EXACTLY! I love it!

My hubby plays video games and collects Blu-rays. I cannot for the life of me understand his gaming obsession though! He will buy a game on Playstation, but if it comes out for the computer and he gets it for a good price, he buys it there too. haha! He tries to explain it is different...but much like him with my cookie cutters...I just don't get it! We do an allowance method in our house. He and I each have a little bit of money every month for buying stuff for ourselves. He can buy games to his hearts content and same for me with cookie stuff! It works really well for us and keeps it even.

You are far from being alone with your obsession! Thankfully, my husband thinks it's neat and never says anything about my purchases (I'm the one that feels guilty). In fact, he keeps asking if I've ordered bags yet and reminding me I "need" more cookie sheets! Of course, his obsession with tools and all things electronic helps with his understanding of my cookie hobby. AND, he likes to eat the results...haha! I can think of much worse things we could do with our money and time. Cookie decorating is actually very relaxing to me and as soon as I finish one batch, I'm looking forward to decorating the next one. I think we can all agree that we're officially addicted..lol!
    Vicki

I too have the same obsession! Luckily my sweet husband is very encouraging, he thinks I should buy a Kopykake (he doesn't even know what one is but he thinks if it will help me I should have it) when we go to Costco and he says do you need anymore cookie sheets or parchment paper? I am the one who feels guilty. I am retired and its hard for me to justify the cost when I just bake for fun and only sometimes do paid orders for friends. I am blessed to have quite a few cookie supply stores and many discount stores in my area that I love to cruise through regularly.. I just found a set of 6 Fox Run music themed cutters for 3.99 at Marshalls sitting all by themselves next to the pots and pans. Of course I had to buy them and bring them home, they were so lonely. I made some music themed cookies for my mom to bring the the French Quarter festival in New Orleans this week. That 3.99 expense made me happy and will make the people eating the cookies happy, so its all worth it in the end. At least its a fairly cheap hobby.

Yes! I think it is great that all you ladies have supportive husbands in this hobby. My Thomas is very supportive too...compared to my other hobbies (sewing and embroidery) this one is cheap. The cost of supplies for those other hobbies are expensive. My hubby never enables me to buy though...I don't need help with that! He always is saying, "you still in your budget Jennie?" haha! I am a recovered shopaholic!

I just bought that KK Kris! My hubs and I just discussed it over text message and he thought it was still expensive!!!! haha! I was like, um NO, that is cheap for this thing!
    I went ahead and got it, but I feel a little guilty since I am the same way with my cookies...only a hobby with a few sales here and there. I am sitting here at work thinking about what cookies I want to make when it comes in! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelleJen View Post
    Yes! I think it is great that all you ladies have supportive husbands in this hobby. My Thomas is very supportive too...compared to my other hobbies (sewing and embroidery) this one is cheap. The cost of supplies for those other hobbies are expensive. My hubby never enables me to buy though...I don't need help with that! He always is saying, "you still in your budget Jennie?" haha! I am a recovered shopaholic!

I just bought that KK Kris! My hubs and I just discussed it over text message and he thought it was still expensive!!!! haha! I was like, um NO, that is cheap for this thing!
    I went ahead and got it, but I feel a little guilty since I am the same way with my cookies...only a hobby with a few sales here and there. I am sitting here at work thinking about what cookies I want to make when it comes in! haha!
    Oh Jen! You can also use it for your embroidery! My grandsons have drawn pictures and I used the KK to project it on their t shirts to embroider it! They've also just
    printed pics off the computer for me to trace on their shirts and they color them with fabric paints!
    Maybe that can help justify your purchase!!

OH I never thought of that Cindy! That is such a good idea!!!! My mom does hand embroidery, so I will have to let her some over to use it as well! I like to paint here and there for home decor projects, so I was thinking I could use it for that too. I definitely think it is a good purchase, and it made me a happy camper today! My hubs and I work together. He just came over and I told him I bought it. He was all smiles for me! That is one sweet guy!