Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Obsession!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisCraft View Post
    I too have the same obsession! Luckily my sweet husband is very encouraging, he thinks I should buy a Kopykake (he doesn't even know what one is but he thinks if it will help me I should have it) when we go to Costco and he says do you need anymore cookie sheets or parchment paper?
    I would like a husband who says things I want to hear. Or my favorite five little words: I'll buy it for you!

It's not that he isn't supportive, but the first few times he "mentioned" my hobby, I showed him the garage with ALL his tools and even said (kidding, of course *wink*) "You can sleep here too if I hear another comment about all my tools."

Or sometimes I would get that look from him - you know the one - 'do you really need (fill-in-the-blank)?" And I will tell him, "What's that you would say...oh yea...right tool for the job."

And an oldie, but goodie: "How come we always double the budget on any project you do...oh yea...that's right...because there is always a tool you need to buy."

But to be fair, I never let him use my tools even though I use his. I used his table saw and I told him that it needed a new blade cause it cuts worse than my cake leveler! He ran out and got a new blade.

You all are so funny, we have sooo much in common here! A while back I said something about other cookiers using the kopykake and hubby said you should get one. I told him it was a little pricey and that with ALL the scrapbook tools I have
    bought over the years that turned out to be junk I wanted to see it hands on at Spring Fling. Well I knew I was not going to get it at a better price so I took the plunge. When hubby ask how much I got it for I said see that gun safe of yours Im sure it was cheaper than anything you have in there. Then I said oh there is one more $$ tool I may buy at Spring Fling and that would be an air brush, he said I have a compressor you could use. I thanked him for the offer and said that big thing in the garage? That thing would blow my cookies to the neighbors!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    You all are so funny, we have sooo much in common here! A while back I said something about other cookiers using the kopykake and hubby said you should get one. I told him it was a little pricey and that with ALL the scrapbook tools I have
    bought over the years that turned out to be junk I wanted to see it hands on at Spring Fling. Well I knew I was not going to get it at a better price so I took the plunge. When hubby ask how much I got it for I said see that gun safe of yours Im sure it was cheaper than anything you have in there. Then I said oh there is one more $$ tool I may buy at Spring Fling and that would be an air brush, he said I have a compressor you could use. I thanked him for the offer and said that big thing in the garage? That thing would blow my cookies to the neighbors!

Thatt is TOO funny my husband told me the same thing about the air compressor! I said are you NUTS! When I got my sugar veil decorator he said it looked like a fish tank pump and asked me why I didn't just use the one from our fish tank. (kidding of course). Although my hubby may complain about my hobby from time to time, he is the one that surprised me with a kopykake for my birthday a year ago! And he is happy to make different displays for me when i need them. Now I want an airbrush machine. Hoping to get one at spring fling!
    Sarah

Oh, my...I have to respond to this thread!

I wish my obsession was only in cookie cutters. After I bought approximately 600 of them, I then started collecting sanding sugar, nonpariels and tons of other decorating bling. I have an airbrush and a ton of Americolor airbrush colors, as well as about every color of Americolor gel colors in the 4.5 oz size. Moved on to hardware after that. Kopykake, edible image printer, heat gun, stand alone fan and finally, a bun rack. Let's talk packaging. I have all kinds of pastry & candy boxes, and shipping boxes to fit each size. Six large 10lb boxes of paper shreds,different colors for packaging. Bags of packing peanuts (that I've collected from my online orders), a heat sealing machine and tons of cello bags of different sizes. Ribbon, frosting sheets, plastic trays, paper doilies. You get the picture.

Sometimes I look at all this stuff and think, I'm a really sick person. I can only imagine what other people think. BUT...I NEED ALL THIS STUFF!!!

Ruth your cracking me up! I thought I was bad! I think the purchases are never ending for most of us! I'm planning a trip to the Amish area of Sugarcreek Ohio this weekend just so I can shop in the store down there, it has so much baking stuff! My shopping excursions whenever I go on vacation consist of Looking for and trying different bakeries and looking for and buying baking items. We are a crazy little bunch aren't we! Lol!

whereas I do have a LOT of cookie stuff--its better then all the collecting I did with scrapbooking tools etc..I mean i am making money off of my cookie making--LOL!