Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on registering for CookieCon

Lightbulb Thoughts on registering for CookieCon

Ok, so we've made a decision. Originally we were going to post information about CookieCon here on the forum, our FB page, put it on our web site, and send it to our newsletter subscribers. We had no idea that there would be as much interest in it as there has been. In order to increase the chances of those who have already heard about it and expressed interest, we are not going to send it to our newsletter subscribers (of which there are about 7,000) nor post it on our web site until after June 1st (when the tickets will go on sale.)

So anyway, those of you who have expressed concern that you may not be able to get in, we're "holding back" on sharing this with more people - so that will increase your chances.

We are going to list the tickets on Friday June, 1 at 7:00pm Mountain Time (6pm West, 8pm Central, 9pm East - International people will have to figure it out for your country.) We suspect that we will get slammed pretty hard at that time, so here are some tips:

Please make sure that your billing address is up to date and matches what is associated with your credit card. The most common reasons for credit cards not going through is a mismatch of the address. If you want to save time (which you will), create an account with Karen's Cookies ahead of time, so that you'll just be signing in, adding it to your cart, entering your card number, and submitting it.

I plan to put a link to the product page on cookiecon.net and on this forum.

We will be taking phone orders, but we only have ONE phone line. I imagine it will be tied up if you try and call. Please do not depend on placing a phone order. If you can do it online - all the better!

You can place an OFFLINE payment if you plan on using paypal or sending a check. Also, if your credit card isn't going through for some reason, you'll want to place the order with "offline payment". This is just an option to finish your order without entering a credit card. It submits the order along with an order number so we'll be able to see that you did indeed effectively reserve your spot.

If you go to purchase a ticket but it is listed as out of stock, that means that all spots were reserved, but PLEASE don't give up there. We will have some people who drop out, or change their minds, or don't come through, or whatever. From there we will look at our "Waiting List". To get on the waiting list, there will be a button you can click on right there on the product page. You will need to fill out a little form and submit it.

Please include your phone number and a valid email address on that waiting list form. Also, Please include your email address and phone number when you place a successful order as well. We will need to get a hold of people if there are changes to the program and for other reasons I'm sure.

Ok, just wanted to throw that out there. We've had people from just about every state in the nation express interest, along with people from at least 6 or 7 other countries.

Ok, that's it for now. I will post more if I think of anything else that might help. I wish so badly that we could accommodate those of you who want a spot guaranteed, but we need to be as impartial and fair as possible.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Mike
    KarensCookies.net - Cookie Decorating Simplified

I'm so excited!! Your site is going to be SLAMMED on June 1st!!!

Wow Mike. One can only hope to get in. Great for you that there is so much interest. You'll have to go into the CookieCon business! --Katy
    Don't let comparison steal your joy!!! --Sugarbelle
    Compare a little less and enjoy a little more.
    --LilaLoa

You have the potential to make beautiful things. Yes, you.--Chapix Cookies

https://www.facebook.com/katydoescookies

You and Karen are too sweet! That is why we all love you and your cookie.com is going to be a smashing success!
    And I am hoping Cookie.con 2 will be at a different time of year or location as you take the country by storm...cookier by cookier! ♥

OK, I just set up my account in the race for the finish line! tee hee

I've just figured out that I need to register at 1am...
    You can find me here.... www.icemybiscuit.com or here... www.facebook.com/icemybiscuit
    or on twitter @icemybiscuit

This is great, Mike. Thanks for being so organized and looking out for us! I've got an alarm set on my phone calendar... The countdown has begun!

Senior Member Sweet Creations by Debbie's Avatar
    That is really helpful, Mike. I was starting to worry about that what with everyone talking about it on facebook and everywhere. I'm glad to know the time that it is going up so I can try my to get in. Thanks!

Great information, Mike! I'm so excited for the opportunity and am so hopeful I make it in! It's such a convenient location for me as I'm coming from the Boise area. Thanks for all your hard work at putting this on. It will be awesome!

Is anyone else SUPER-DUPER EXCITED for tickets to go on sale!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime I read on FB or another cookie blog about Cookiecon, I keep thinking - shut-up people!!! Don't tell everyone!!! Talk about it AFTER I get my ticket! (and yes, this post warranted all the capital letters because I am screaming it in my head!)