Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Glaze Rocks! Thank you DippinPops Michelle!

Royal Glaze Rocks! Thank you DippinPops Michelle!

Followed your recipe exactly and it turned out great!
    Wonderful to work with
    Dried without bleeds or blotches
    Sa-mooooth!
    Exactly what I've been looking for: Royal Icing with a soft bite.
    Cookies served at a lunch for 40 and everyone LOVED it!
    I find many people are afraid pretty cookies will break their teeth or taste bad.
    With RG or CS, the fear of pretty cookies is being conquered one cookie at a time
    Love at First Bite!

Thanks so much for creating and sharing your Royal Glaze Michelle!
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel
    Those that mind don't matter
    Those that matter don't mind

I'm in love with it to, It's the only thing is use.
    *~*~ Rosy ~*~*

Do you use the cream of tartar if you're MP has cream of tartar in it already? I use the CK brand MP and it has COT in it already, so just wondering if you add additional or just leave it out? I haven't tried Michelle's recipe yet, but it's on my list as soon as I finish using up what I have made already. Just needed to know if I need to go get some COT first!

Aawww thanks - and you're welcome!

I do add COT even though the MO has it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sherylbusse View Post
    Do you use the cream of tartar if you're MP has cream of tartar in it already? I use the CK brand MP and it has COT in it already, so just wondering if you add additional or just leave it out? I haven't tried Michelle's recipe yet, but it's on my list as soon as I finish using up what I have made already. Just needed to know if I need to go get some COT first!
    Sheryl, I DIDN'T add the extra COT the first time I tried it and the icing was terrible without it. Too soft to work with. Remember, you are adding CS and glycerin so you need the additional COT to help it hold its shape. Follow the recipe to the letter and you will be happy the first time you use it!
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel
    Those that mind don't matter
    Those that matter don't mind

great thanks!

Gotta agree with Barbara! DippinPops Royal Glaze is my go-to icing and everyone just loves it!

So...If I wanted to try making this Royal glaze, where would I find the recipe??????

I'd like to know too!!!
    Last edited by sweetjane; May 31st, 2012 at 01:39 AM.

I use this icing as is to flood & detail but you can use less water if you want it thicker, or water it down more but I would do that while coloring.

Whisk together 3/4 cup warm water, 5 TBS meringue powder (be sure to shake the can first), and 3/4 tsp cream of tartar for 30 seconds. Be sure all little lumps are dissolved.

Sift a 2 pound bag of powdered sugar into mixing bowl (I have a 5qt KA), add liquid and mix on low (paddle) for 10 minutes. (I pre-sift the sugar but a lot of people don't.) After a minute or so of mixing, add 1/4 cup of light corn syrup while it is mixing. I also add in 1 Tbs glycerine at the same time - the c/s and glycerine make the icing softer to bite into, but it doesn't affect stackability. You also want to scrape down the bowl about a minute after adding the syrup, then you can let it go the rest of the time. (I also add 12 drops of white coloring to make it nice and white/opaque, and 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp butter flavoring but use whatever you like). I am also convinced that the glycerine keeps the icing from bleeding/blotching... have never had an issue, knock on wood!

That's it! I put it all in a gallon ziplok, then snip the corner & squeeze out enough at a time to mix my colors - cover the open hole with a damp paper towel or something so it doesn't crust. You can also freeze this. I use the same to outline & flood - outline, then flood right away so I don't get the "look" of an outline. Lately I have been freezing in 8oz and 2oz amounts (all air out & flattened) so if I need a large bottle I grab an 8oz bag, or a 2oz bottle I just grab a 2oz bag - works great for me, and it thaws (in the bag) pretty quickly this way. Make sure to double bag, or put them in Tupperware for extra protection. I have also recently found that refrigerating works too!

I have found this icing to dry in around 8 hours or less (much less for minis), and have never had bleeding or blotching issue Makes about 5 cups.

That's it : )