Thread: Indivually Wrapping Cookies in Plastic Food Wrap?

Indivually Wrapping Cookies in Plastic Food Wrap?

I've used commercial plastic food wrap to indvidually wrap cookies and just got a huge roll from Costco a few months ago. I'd like to step up to heat sealed bags but I'm thinking about using up the plastic wrap first. I wrap them tightly with the seam in the back and the cookies are easy to see. I thought they kept fresh because it's a little tricky to unwrap them because the wrap clings so well. I started using it so the flavors of an assortment of sugar, chocolate & gingerbread wouldn't "cross". I also individually wrapped biscotti in assorted flavors for the same reason.

Do you think it would be OK to continue to use the plastic wrap until it's gone? Or does it not really keep the cookies fresh? Please be honest, it won't hurt my feelings! I'm sure the heat sealed bags would be faster.
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel
    Those that mind don't matter
    Those that matter don't mind

I personally like the look of a bag better- my opinion. If it's working for you, then keep doing it. I will say, I bought one of those Costco plastic wraps a year and a half ago and I still have a lot left! I was just wondering this morning how long it's going to last--and I use it quite often!

I think I would save the clear wrap for icing bullets, wrapping dough, and other projects and put cookies in a bag. I think anything looks cuter in a cello bag and a ribbon! It looks more like a present that way. It would take too long to wrap the clear wrap so it would be neat looking and it is so fast to slide a cookie in a bag.

I agree with Kris. I bought the wrong bags, (2000 of them! ugh!). They aren't crystal clear, just a little hazy. I don't like them, but I use them when packaging my
    practice cookies, or demo cookie for family.

Great! Thanks!!! I forgot about using the plastic wrap for bullets (I use saran wrap but it's dicey!) and wrapping dough for freezing!
    I really didn't WANT to use it, I was just feeling guilty for buying more stuff when I've only made 2 orders.
    Those 2 orders led to 4 more including a 50th Anniversary, a Kitchen Shower, Baby Reveal Party & a Wedding.
    Start up costs are always killer. I decided to put more hours into one of my part-time jobs to finance it as well as the conferences. Yep, I'm working for cookies now!
    Bring on the bags! Yayyyy!!!
    After putting all the time into the cookies, they deserve crystal clear bags!

I just finished requesting bag samples from Sakit: cello for cookies & ziplocks of different sizes for freezing icing.
    Thanks for helping me think it through!
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel

I have to go with the cello bags too. Also I bought one of those plastic wraps from Costco 3 years ago and I still don't see an end in sight. I use it for everything. I will say that that was the best money spent!!! If and when I do run out I'll definitely buy that again.
    Chris

Cookies By Chris
    www.facebook.com/CookiesByChris

Glad you asked about the plastic wrap Barbara. I've thought of doing that too.

Congrats on all those orders!! Yay!
    . . . Dotty . . .

. . . My Cookie Diary . . .
    . . . My Website . . .
    . . . Find me on . . .
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter
    Pinterest

OK let me get it straight: its CELLO bags only, NOT poly/plastic bags. I wasn't sure whether all bags related to packaging cookies ought to be CELLO including the inner bags within a cello favor bag, box or platter?
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel

Before I bought my heat sealer, I wrapped every cookie individually in plastic wrap from Costco. I think the plastic wrap shows off the cookie better but way too labor intensive. I love my heat sealer. Well worth the investment for me.