Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in a PICKLE!

I'm in a PICKLE!

Hope I got your attention..! I have a baby shower in a couple of weeks. P is the theme. Pregnant-Pink-Polka Dot- PICKLE and Ice Cream.. They suggested pickle shaped cookies. Only cutter I have seen is very expensive. Any suggestions to bring in the pickle theme. I have thought of the onsie with a small pickle on the front and some ice cream cones on the front.. HELP.

I'm still new at all of this, but I have a wilton jelly bean cutter. You might be able to make it look like a pickle. Green with little bumps to look like a dill pickle. Just a thought.

How do you feel about your drawing skills? you could draw (ice) a pickle onto a circle or square cookie? You could pipe a polka dot border to stay with your theme?

Make your own template.
    Draw or find a picture of a pickle on the internet and then cut it. I use the top of butter or cool whip containers for my templates because they clean easy. Then you can just put the template on your cookie dough and cut it out with a knife. I do it all the time and for me it is easier than buying a cookie cutter for a possible one time use. Bridget from www.bakeat350.blogspot.com did this theme and it came out so cute.

Good Luck!!

Hey there!

I made cookies for this theme and hand-cut the pickles, like Shana said....thank you, Shana!

Here's the link ot the post:
    http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2009/1...er-part-2.html

How about using an inexpensive tin circle cutter and bending it into the shape of a pickle. I did it last weekend - I needed a flip flop cutter and didn't have one....so I took a large circle and simply bent it! It worked out great!!! Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Ebert View Post
    How about using an inexpensive tin circle cutter and bending it into the shape of a pickle. I did it last weekend - I needed a flip flop cutter and didn't have one....so I took a large circle and simply bent it! It worked out great!!! Hope this helps!
    Now there is a girl who thinks on her toes!

I'm going to try attaching a simple pattern for a pickle I made into a cookie cutter for "pickle prize cookies" for the first person who found the pickle ornament on our Christmas tree. Sorry I didn't get pictures of the cookies, but maybe this will help you to reshape another cutter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pickle2a.jpg  

I had never "hand cut" anything, but saw Bridgett do it (she posted above) on her webiste and it is one of the my favorite cookies she has done. Love that pickle. Love anything Bridgett - pure perfection.

So, I tried it......my first effort and here it is. I would suggest using a very, very sharp knife. I didn't and the edges were rough, but it was easy to do..............

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-...d=136794557645

Hey vtay!

Thank you! My edges are always rough with hand-cut, too. I sometimes try to pat them back down, but most of the time, I forget!

Yours are adorable!