Thread: Hello from Maryland

Hello from Maryland

Hi all. Well, I've actually been a member since 2011, but I don't ever remember introducing myself. I've been doing cookies over the past decade or so, but started with Christmas cookies and then branched out to do cookies for my kids' school stuff, Valentines, birthday, etc. I actually had an edible image printer for a while and did those cookies. Very fun. But I've always done it for gifts to give to people or as favors from my kids. Never sold anything because when I researched it, MD didn't have a cottage law. I've been reading over the years all your great advice. Then last Christmas I found out a cottage law passed in 2012. So I started my research and finally took the leap and decided to start a company and sell. Yesterday was the business launch at a local herb & tea festival, and it actually went really well. I know I've got a lot to learn on the business side, and I'm still perfecting my decorating techniques. Absolutely one of the first things I'm going to do is have my husband build me a PVC light box. Nothing more frustrating than being proud of how you've decorated and not getting great pictures. Next event is May 14, so I've got time to get stuff in order.

So here I go on this new adventure. A little nervous, a lot excited and just wondering how this is going to go.

Hello there! Welcome to the posting side of the forum! Sounds like you've got a plan and are all ready to go. Congratulations! Keep us posted on how it goes for you. There's lots of good business advice in the old threads, but there's usually someone who will answer questions you may have, too.
    http://www.cookied-oh.blogspot.com/

*Successfully holding out against Facebook since 2004!*

Hello and welcome to the forum!! Can't wait to see your cookies!! Enjoy the fun!! --Katy
    Don't let comparison steal your joy!!! --Sugarbelle
    Compare a little less and enjoy a little more.
    --LilaLoa

You have the potential to make beautiful things. Yes, you.--Chapix Cookies

https://www.facebook.com/katydoescookies